33. Overwhelming

Brendon wakes up almost exactly how he fell asleep, and it's relieving. The only thing that has really changed is the fact that Josh is practically on him opposed to being snuggled into his chest. There's blankets tangled in many limbs, and deep inhale and exhales coming from two people. The sun is lighting up the entire house and he's still not used to waking up like this, so his eyes are squinted when he opens them.

He examines the situation a bit more once his vision is clear.

Yeah, nevermind.

The position is completely different from how they fell asleep.

Josh is on top of him, and not only that, but Tyler's hanging off the mattress. Honestly, he's surprised they haven't fallen off completely. One of their legs is on the floor, and the only thing keeping them from tumbling to the ground is their arm tucked under Brendon.

He swallows thickly because of a dry mouth and turns back to look at Josh, whose hands are tangled in his shirt and has his face against Brendon's chest, legs straddling him.

He leans his head back against the pillow, pushing out air. "What the fuck," he croaks out.

It's then when Josh begins rustling. He groans quietly and lets go of his grip on Brendon's shirt, looking up. His hair is even more curly than usual, and the right side of his face is a bit red from how heavily he had it pressed against Brendon's chest.

They stare at one another, eyes barely open.

Josh blinks. "Good morning."

Brendon's Adam's apple bobs looking up at him. His freckles are prominent with the sun coming through like this and really, it's his first time noticing them.

"Good morning," he whispers.

They continue examining each other's  features with the smallest of grins, and Brendon hopes he looks as good as Josh does right now, but he knows that is most likely impossible.

They bask in this, only for a moment, because afterwards they both slowly turn to look at Tyler.

"Oh," Josh mutters.

"Yeah. . ."

Josh simply smiles. He carefully gets off Brendon and instead pulls Tyler up onto the mattress as slowly as he could so he wouldn't disturb them. Or, at least, that's what Brendon thought he was doing at first but then he watches Josh plant himself onto their stomach and lean forward to press small kisses to their neck, and jaw, and cheeks, and nose.

Tyler's brows twitch a few times, furrowing together while their eyes open, just barely. They catch a glimpse of Josh, a tug pulling at their lips.

They shake their head, letting out a breathy chuckle before turning around as well as they could with him on top of them.

"Wakey wakey," Josh mumbles. "Eggs and bakey?" He then asks.

"Make it yourself." Tyler replies, voice gruff.

"I want eggs and bacon, too." Brendon suddenly adds in. Seeing as he was watching, he couldn't help it.

Tyler's eyes open again, almost in shock like they've forgotten Brendon is here. They probably had. "I can if he gets off me."

Brendon and Tyler both look up at Josh, and he hums, arms crossed over his chest and boxers riding up. His sleeve of tattoos looks brighter this morning, and so do his eyes, and even his nails. "Only if you do something for me." He says, staring down at his partner.

Brendon is pretty sure all three of them know exactly what it is.

Still, Tyler bites their lip, lashes fluttering. "And what might that be?"