51. Collision

I have a new book out! It would mean a lot to me if you'd go check it out and leave your thoughts. I'll be working on that alongside Loyalty. It is titled Why We Ever. Enjoy. (:

TRIGGER WARNINGS:

- Brief mentions of self-harm

***

Brendon opens his eyes slowly, blinking over and over again when there's a shift on one side of the bed. Once growing accustom to the morning sun, he catches Tyler sitting up, stretching their arms out after yawning, and he sees all the tension in their body as it happens. Afterwards though, they're standing, walking over to the closet.

Still, Brendon watches. He can barely refrain from falling asleep again but there's a thrill getting to look at Tyler naked when they don't know about it. That alone keeps him awake long enough to witness them slip on an oversized sweater to cover up everything. Yet, they don't put on underwear.

Tyler peeks at themself in the mirror while passing it on their way to the door.

As they're about to leave the room, Brendon reaches out to grab their hand.

He says nothing, unable to think of a single thing to tell them. He just needs their attention. He needs Tyler.

They smile down at him when he has his fingers intertwined with theirs. "Good morning, Bren." They whisper, sitting onto the bed beside him. They brush his hair back with their free hand. "How are you feeling?"

Brendon hums, leaning into their touch. "Tired." He murmurs.

Tyler nods. "Is that all?"

Brendon shrugs. "I don't know. Why?"

Tyler's lips curl upwards, shrugging as well. "You're going to feel it once you get out of bed." They assure, making Brendon a little nervous. He's too exhausted right now to really take much into account. His body feels numb. "Do you want me to run you a bath since you're up early? It will help."

Brendon swallows thickly. "Okay." He utters.

Tyler leans over to kiss his forehead. "Get up, then."

Brendon closes his eyes. "One second." He gets out.

He wants to go back to bed, so badly. He can barely stay awake. But, if Tyler thinks a bath would be good for him, he trusts their judgment. Especially since they have probably been through this more than once. He lays there though, Josh's body weight against him, shallow breaths in his ear as he continues to sleep, drained exactly like Brendon.

"Come on," Tyler mumbles, pushing Brendon's shoulder playfully.

His eyes open up another time, slow. He groans. "I'm so fucking tired."

Tyler chuckles. "The bath will wake you up. All you have to do is find the motivation to get out of bed."

Brendon sighs, carefully sitting up after they speak. Josh's arm falls from his stomach to his lap, yet he doesn't stir awake. How does he sleep like this? Brendon catches himself wondering. Josh can sleep through a fucking home invasion, he swears. Nonetheless, he looks to Tyler, free hand suddenly going to cover himself once noticing that he's only wearing boxers still. He forgot.

He's vulnerable, again.

Tyler takes into account the way his arm subtly moves around his stomach, so they stand, giving him a tug to do the same.