48. Sincerity

TRIGGER WARNINGS:

- A lot of anxiety.
- Brief anxiety attack.

***

Brendon wakes up to the chorus of Don't You Want Me by The Human League blasting in his ear, and immediately, he's groaning in aggravation. He doesn't know what time it is, all he knows is that it's way too early for this, and what makes it even worse is when he blinks his eyes open and is practically blinded by the sunlight coming through the window.

"What the fuck," is all he gets out.

That's when he feels Josh who's still (surprisingly) in his arms, stretch out his legs with a soft moan.

"Good morning." He mutters, slapping his hand around the couch until he can find his phone to shut the alarm off. Afterwards, he turns back to Brendon and smiles lazily. "You have drool on your chin." He whispers.

Brendon's eyes are barely open and yet he already catches how cocky Josh is.

It's really too early for this.

He ends up wiping his chin off with the back of his hand.

Josh chuckles, staring at Brendon for a moment before leaning closer until their lips meet.

Brendon might be a little delirious and potentially half asleep, yet that doesn't stop him from catching how bad Josh's breath smells. Still, he kisses him anyways. There's nothing he'd rather do than kiss him-- well, he'd like to kiss Tyler too. . . Still, his point stands.

He gets caught up in it even if it's not as appealing as usual. Josh caresses his face after a moment too, kissing him one last time before turning around to do the same with Tyler.

"Don't kiss me." Brendon hears immediately. "Brendon may like your gross breath, but I don't."

"You're such an asshole." Josh whines.

Tyler hums. "Let's brush our teeth and I can do a lot more than kiss you." Their voice if muffled. Brendon can't exactly see them but he's sure they have most of their face pressed into a pillow, just giving Josh their signature stare down.

"You're nasty." Josh whispers, laughing lightly to himself despite that.

"Not as nasty as your breath,"

Josh rolls over to his back when they say that, staring at the ceiling with a pouted lip. "Why do you hate me?"

Tyler chuckles, sitting up a little so they can press their lips against his jaw. Their dynamic has Brendon completely captivated, as usual. "Why are you such a baby?"

"I am not a baby." Josh grumbles.

Tyler smirks, kissing his jaw again and finally sitting up all the way. They take a quick look at Brendon before pushing a strand of Josh's hair behind his ear, a gleam in their eyes. "Do you want me to do your hair again before you leave?"

Josh doesn't answer for a moment. He thinks about it, continuing to stare at the ceiling. "Yeah." He utters.

Tyler nods. "Okay." They say it so softly. Brendon knows it has to do with the fact that Josh does get in a more sensitive headspace in the morning, which, honestly, both Brendon and Tyler find cute. Brendon especially, only because Tyler becomes the kind of person he knows they are deep down inside. Soft, nurturing, loving. "Well, start getting ready. I'll do it once you're done."

Josh gives them a smile, sitting up and moving close enough to kiss them.

But, Tyler pulls away.