19. Casualty

Brendon slept in on Friday; he doesn't wake up until three in the afternoon before getting out of bed to leave for Tyler and Josh's house.

Whenever he got the chance to sleep, he did. He is constantly drained by the cycle he's in. Work during the week and his mother's retirement home during the weekends, and now recently, he has been squeezing in two other people.

He never has days to himself anymore. He hasn't for years.

Brendon can barely open his eyes as he does his hair and brushes his teeth, still tired no matter how much sleep he got.

Truthfully, he didn't mind squeezing Tyler and Josh in, what he minded is not having time for them on the weekends like he wants. It would be so much better if he didn't have to worry about which day he got to see them, because if his weekends were free, it wouldn't be a problem.

His mother needs him though, he knows this.

It's absolutely dreadful he's the only person she really has left.

Brendon sighs, leaning into the sink and washing his face with cold, cold water to wake him up.

He's excited. He should be excited.

He changes into nothing fancy, and slips his glasses on while putting in the address to their home again. He doesn't remember exactly where it is, but he's sure if his Fridays continue to be consistent, he will.

Brendon toes into his sneakers before leaving his apartment, locking the door on the way out.

Lately, it's been pretty tame around the building. The homes kicked most people out for being so disruptive and getting too many complaints, even the people beside him. He's not mad about that at all, though. They would always keep him up at night because of how thin the walls are and much of a sex drive they had.

If anything, he's thankful.

He just hopes his new neighbors aren't as bad.

Brendon gets into his car quickly, more awake now than he was, and definitely much more ready to see Tyler and Josh.

He makes sure to turn some music on for the ride there.

***

Now that the sun is still out by the time he's there, he can fully see what their house looks like. It's a light blue with a white trim, and the lawn is so green it hurts his eyes. It's nothing like Brendon's home, it's much bigger and much nicer. There's even a flower bed full of daisies.

He gets out of the car, following the small path leading up to their door and timidly ringing the doorbell.

Again, there's barking. Instead of being worried like last time, he smiles.

It takes a moment, but soon enough Josh opens the door, just as happy. "Hey." He exclaims.

Jim comes running out to greet Brendon, tail wagging as he sniffs his shoes.

He laughs, leaning down to pet the dog who seemed more than excited to see Brendon again. He feels warm at the thought.

Finally, he looks back up at Josh. "Hey."