10. Confrontation

Thursday was just like the day before. Brendon didn't see Debby, again, and although that might sound relieving, it was only making him even more anxious. Was she planning something? What if she wasn't even at work.

As usual, he tries not to think about it. He's too paranoid for his own good though; he thanks Debby for making it worse.

Today, he eats lunch with Luke, this time they have a steady enough conversation.

Lukas talks more than Brendon but that's just expected. Brendon has never been the kind to keep a conversation going, all he was good for was observation and terse nods.

And that's okay, he tries to tell himself.

Not everyone is made out to be ready for the world.

***

Brendon didn't get much sleep last night. His mind was running faster than he's ever ran physically.

He thinks too much, and that's definitely a downside to having such an independent thought process but Brendon had no control over himself and he never has. Tyler and Josh took over his mind and became the emperors. Ever since he met them on Tinder a couple of weeks ago, they had been.

Brendon has never been too fond of being romantically interested in people in fear of their kept thoughts of him.

He's hoping to overcome this fear today.

With that in mind, he sighs, sitting up in bed.

He still has that almost empty bottle of beer on his bedside table from when he and Josh first started talking. It wasn't only that, but his whole apartment was just a mess. It doesn't change, and when it does, it's for the worst.

"Gross ass," Brendon mutters to himself.

He grabs the bottle as he stands, body aching.

He considers cleaning soon, if things go well with Tyler and Josh they might even come to visit.

Knowing that is terrifying on its own. The only people who have been inside his home are his siblings and nephews. It's not often either, it's only when they want something for their own benefit that they seek out in Brendon.

His family was just a disaster.

He pours the rest of the beer down the drain and sets the bottle onto the counter like all the others.

It was then when he looks at the time on the oven, it was already almost eleven. He still needed to shower, and choose what was most appropriate to wear for the occasion.

Brendon's almost in a panic, but he trusts himself enough to get these things done before it's too late.

***

His shower was warm and his clothes were even warmer. He stares at himself in the mirror and flips his hair over and over again until he was tired of it.

It was well over eleven now, he needed to leave.

The apartment is still a mess and so is he, but he's ready anyways.

He grabs his keys from the counter, chest feeling heavy. He leaves with anxiety caving in on him, but there was nothing he can do about that.