47. Gifted

TRIGGER WARNINGS:

- Anxiety.
- Sexual Scenes.
- Smut.

***

When Brendon thought it was going to be a long weekend without Tyler and Josh, he was right. Considering he spends most of his weeks with them now, he forgets how fucking dreadful being pent up in a small apartment at the retirement home is.

Seriously, he felt like he was losing his mind.

Luckily though, getting to see Carina made it a lot better. He eventually did take off Tyler's turtleneck too, exposing the marks on his neck, which lead to a very interesting conversation afterwards that he would rather not like think about again. All he can say is, Carina's excited to see him grow out of his shell, if that's what you can even call it.

Josh facetimes him once on Saturday night and once Sunday evening. It's what he needs, really. Especially Saturday. The first day back when coming to see his mother is always the worst; he wishes he was able to spend more time with her, and maybe he can, but he doesn't, which ultimately just makes him terribly guilty. His mother is widdling away and he'd rather go see Tyler and Josh to forget about all off his worries-- he's horrible.

Josh tells him it's not true, he does so much more for her compared to anyone else, and Brendon forces himself to believe it.

He takes a nap on the couch Sunday afternoon, holding his mother's hand with Josh's words repeating over and over again in his head. He loves her. He loves her so much. He wants everything to be okay, but it's not, and it never will be, and he's frustrated by that, pissed. Something or someone took away his guardian angel, the only real person who would be there for him when he fell. He has Tyler and Josh now though, yet balancing the three of them is heavy and painful. His mother takes the heat despite never once realizing it.

This weekend he makes sure to hold her especially tight when he can and remind her of how much she is loved because of the iniquity.

Sunday dinner, Brendon barely touches his food. He's upset that he has to leave so soon. He's upset that his mom doesn't remember his birthday coming up. He's upset that he has to depart with Carina for another week. He's upset about everything.

That's until Carina pulls him aside after their meal and hands him a small wrapped present with a card on top.

"I know I won't see you on your birthday," she tells him, placing the gift into his hand. "It isn't much, but I thought it was cute." She whispers.

Brendon smiles carefully, nodding to himself as he first tears the envelope apart and pulls out the card.

Happy 30th birthday, Brendon!

Even though we don't see each other constantly, I can say without hesitation that you're my best friend. I really don't know what I would do without you. You help light up this place even when we both know the actual reason we're here. You help me smile, and laugh, and be happy. That's all I could ever ask for.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for trusting me, and letting me trust you. You're my comfort source. I'm so glad we met. Throughout my years of knowing you, I continue to watch you grow, and it's beautiful. You deserve every good thing in life, every good person, every good something. I hope any negativity surrounding you soon leaves and that you can focus on the positives, because there's so much around whether you realize it or not.