Chapter 7

Here is the chapter for Phantom lovers.

. . .

The day passes on quickly. Too quickly for my liking. One minute I was saying goodbye to the Brats and the next minute I am on my bicycle going towards home.

The Brats had left with Stacey after the break and followed for the meeting in the Principal's office. I haven't seen Stacey since, probably because she was at the back for drama classes.

I had my biology with George today because both of our partners, Taylor and that pretty glasses wearing brunette, both were absent. I was busy drawing in my binder when suddenly George had called my name.

"Hm . . . ?" I don't bother looking up and continue with the diagram making soft curves of the flower on display. I slide my specs back up, which had again slid down.

"Why did you swear on Al this morning?" His question catches me off guard and a wide dark stroke is now glaring at me from my lightly shaded drawing.

'So much for having no filter on your dirty mouth' my subconscious taunts me.

"I . . ." I clear my throat starting to erase the dark stroke but after seeing the impression on my diagram, I close the binder and face him. He has that face which tells me that lying is not going to work. I don't like George that much. As far as our circle is concerned he is more like an acquaintance, nothing more. Behaving nicely to everyone minimizes your 'friend' list, so far in this school its only Stacey and Taylor. And being the liar I am, so I decide to tell him half-truth.

"Actually I was annoyed at their behaviour at that time so and while he was shaking hands with me, he was grasp was teensy painful." I shrug it off, but George seems to have other plans.

"What? You should have snapped right back at him." He gives me a worried look.

I raise my eyebrows, "I think I did snap quite loud at him. Didn't I George?"

"Oh yeah" his cheeks colour, realizing the obvious. I chuckle at his face trying to hide embarrassment.

"Oh George. What I am going to do with you?" I laugh, pack my glasses back in and get up to leave.

As I enter the house, I ran to the kitchen finding Grandma's note on fridge and take out the cold cuts of lasagne; heating it while going through the post. My payment is there for the month so I take the cheque and the delicious plate of food to my room.

I take my laptop, put on my glasses and play Immortals by Fall out boys. Next I open my Hangouts.

A- Hey Phantom, you there?

I wait for his reply counting the seconds on my fingers, starting to put a bite in mouth. I reach 42 and he comes. That is it. It takes just maximum 45 seconds to him for replying to my messages even when I do it first.

Phantom- Of course. Isn't what ghosts do? Roam around the people they care for?

A- huh . . . so you do care for me?

I know he does but it just feels so good to hear it aloud from someone.

Phantom - any doubts?

A- I want to tell u bout today. Remember I told you about that carnival happening in our school?

Phantom- so?

A- it was an exchange programme and students came from our school's branch in Aspen.

Phantom- and your point is?