Chapter 15

Okay people listen up. (Literally too, tell me who remembers this song?)

This last weeks have been great in comments section. I love when you people do comment.

So please do.

.   .   .

After psychology it was break but I didn't want to go in cafeteria so I went to the library with my favorite orange juice in my backpack.

I didn't want to go to the cafeteria because . . . I actually have a list for it.

1. Stacey and Taylor will be there and I have shared table only with them in highschool. I think I had enough drama for one day. So spare me.

2. I didn't want to see Liam yet. I do regret snapping at him. He doesn't knows me and I really don't like confrontations.

3. My limping leg will get the unnecessary attention and stupid snide remarks from Rebecca's gang. Not that I care for her comments but still, you wouldn't want to put icing on my cake right now. Really, I mean it.

4. I don't need a reason to go to my favorite place in world. Library.

As I past the glass doors of library, I see Mrs. Pearson staring at something in her hand, intently.

Grinning devilish like, I walk to her desk and see her admiring an old picture of Elvis.

Christ!
What is with old ladies and Elvis?

I walk behind her and whisper in her ear, "Boo!"

The poor lady jumped from her seat that made her dear crush's photos fly off her desk.

"Ashley!" She shrieks at me with a glare.

I try to contain in my laugh by biting my lip but since the cat was already out of the bag so I thought to let it go.

I laughed at the horrified expression of the old lady as she placed a hand on her chest a little left to where her heart is.

"Were you trying to give me a coronary?! Coming in like that and whispering in my ear." She scolds me but her expression has now softened.

Mrs. Pearson and Grandma are really good friends. That is why she is sort of close to me too. She is like my another Grandma.

She still thinks that the girl who helped get his husband a last minute gift for their twentieth anniversary last year was some advisor at the gift store near the corner and not her best friend's granddaughter.

"Oh I am so sorry! I thought we weren't suppose to talk out loud in the library so I whispered, but you . . ." I wave my hand in front of her as if pointing the obvious ,"you young lady were so busy in staring at your crush that you missed me."

I smirk at the old lady in front of me. She is now blushing like a teenage girl found ogling his crush.

Wait.

That is exactly what happened!

I laugh out loud.

"I- I. . . uh," she stutters but I decide I have put the lady through enough.

"Leave it Mrs. Pearson, I am gonna have a few moments with my John too so you can go back to your daydreams. But I don't think John, I mean your Mr. Pearson would like his dear wife staring at Elvis in bare daylight would he?" I tease her and get the desired reaction from her.

Her mouth hanging open and eyes wide.

"Ashley you wouldn't dare!" She threatens me.

I laugh and turn but not before seeing her smile.

Insomniac's Dreamजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें