Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Ulrick Hazelwood twenty-six is the most powerful businessman in Miami and the ultimate sought-after bachelor. He is smart, intelligent, handsome, and arrogant at times. Girls worship the soil he walks upon but his heart flutters open only to an impeccable sweet girl Anastasia Saint, who is his childhood love.

However no human born on earth is completely flawless but everything is fair between love and war.   Adulation doesn't state becoming pietist towards your loved ones.

Anastasia is the daughter of Mr. Alijandro Saint, Ulrick's father's old-time friend. She is a beauty by heart as well as her looks who is twenty years old.

Being the only daughter between two prodigious business families Anastasia is pampered to hell. She is ceremonious and unblemished and her will is the command between both the métier homes.

Will the devilishly handsome heartthrob claim the hand of his pristine childhood sweetheart? There is a challenge to face, a biting truth behind a secret that no one knew. Explore the Devil's untainted possession of his credulous beauty's heart.

Ulrick Pov

I was dumped with work. Papers are scattered all over my desk. Yet my eyes are conscientiously scanning the file that is held in my hands. I read through the contents carefully so that I didn't miss any of the information. But much to my irritation my attention deviates to the knock at the door and my secretary Nancy stuttered in. "Sir we left no stone unturned to trace him out but he was found nowhere. Probably he left the country." She whispered with anxiousness marked on her face.

There was a blaze of fire that immediately peregrinated my blood as soon as those words were let out but keeping my face phlegmatic I nodded and dismissed her to arrange for my company's next shareholders meeting that was to take place within half an hour.

Why the hell is this Robert all the time on my nerves? I've been keeping an eye on him since the time Uncle Alijandro left the business but the asshole clerverly slipped from the eyes of my men. Nevertheless he is soon going to repent for his actions. I am going to make him pay for what he has done. Call it my determination to protect the Saints or for my unsaid love for Anastasia.

I eased out of my leather sofa and sighed - another day to pass by with her in my thoughts. Putting my hands in my pant pockets, my legs took me to the large glass window of my office which had a picturesque view of Miami city. Lighting a cigarette I let a puff of smoke out of the window when my phone rang. Who could be calling me at this busy morning hour?

I pulled out the device from my pant pocket to have a look at the caller-id and my lips stretch in happiness. It was a call from my mother. "Hello beautiful Son" she called me in her usual angelic voice that could instantly brighten my day but destiny had something else planned. Within seconds my features changed from rejoiced mode to burning fury. I answered an affirmative and my hands moved to the intercom placed on my desk. "Nancy! Get my private jet ready to leave for Denmark tomorrow morning at 6'0 clock sharp and don't forget to cancel all my meetings for the next two days."

"But sir....you... you" she stammered trying to make a sentence but words couldn't come out any further when she looked at the blazing anger in my eyes. "Cancel all my meetings Nancy." I held finality in my voice.