Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Ana's Pov

I had planned everything and been successful enough to get away from the house until I heard Ulrick's words. "Where are you going Doll?" It was frightening to lie to him but I luckily managed almost undergoing the risk of letting out myself. "I am going to Stella's house."

Thank God he did not have any suspicions on me. I am a born actress. I congratulate myself that I mastered the subject since I was a child and slipped easily from the hold of our parents at the expense of my brothers. Ulrick always knew about my sneaking and smart plays but never exposed me. I was the naughty little princess in the house enjoying everyone's affection including my husband's. Completely opposite of me, he was the ideal older brother studious, responsible and away from mischief.

I wanted to confront him about every detail including yesterday's happenings but couldn't. Though I was loved by him unconditionally, he intimidated me in several untold ways and I hated myself for it. In some corner of my heart, I still feel he is guileless but couldn't dare to ask him the reasons for the conflicting situations.

The way he was bothered about my health yesterday, brought a notch in my heart. "I still love him." My heart screamed in pain. There was an ache in his voice. I neither could answer him nor fight him, I was anguished with my own self. What am I doing? One thing was sure by then. I can never take up on anger against him for more than a few hours.

He was bothered about my health and did not want me to leave. It was clearly written on his face but he still allowed me away from his eyes because whatever I was doing brought me happiness and his joy rested in mine.  The aching feeling tore my soul. I curse myself for falling for the wrong man.

He is a criminal and I can never stay peaceful with him on the risk of losing him at any moment, having children with him is a far lost issue. Perhaps I had any other way to stay away from him. As I couldn't act rude towards him I partly told him the truth that I was going to Stella's house. It was a part of my plan as I required her help in getting out of this city without minions of Ulrick following me.

After I met Stella, I told her everything. She accompanied me to the hospital as I was not feeling well for a few days. Frequent nausea hits me and I end up puking almost every day. I was caught by Ulrick the other day but being the drama queen since birth I was quick in evading the matter. I was more or less sure of my pregnancy but I wanted to surprise Ulrick.

As soon as I met the doctor, she ran a series of tests and confirmed my suspicion. I am six weeks pregnant. I had a wide smile on my face as the doctor shared the heart-touching news. It was an occasion to be celebrated by both of us but unfortunately, the moment arose in my bleakest period of my life and now there is no chance of turning back. If not for myself I have to at least shield my baby from the sinful life of his father. What if he is killed by the enemies of his dad before he is born? The dangerous thought brought shudders of fear under my skin. I need to protect my baby. I held a determination in my mind and went towards my next step.

Blinding the eyes of high-end bodyguards was a tough job. Ulrick let the security follow me and I had not an easy task in escaping them. I had to look for a permanent solution. As thought earlier I exercise my plan into action. Luckily Stella helps me to get out of the hospital.

I went to the beauty parlor and colored my hair brown. I got a bit of make-up done so that my skin looks a little tan. Then covering my eyes with sunglasses I went to an optical shop and bought a pair of grey contact lenses. After completing all my work I looked at myself in the mirror and was stunned looking at my image. I looked different.

Setting everything ready, I dial a number and when I get a green signal to move on, with the help of Stella I catch the earliest bus to arrive at my destination because going by flight involves a lot of complications like identity, security, etc. Within four hours I arrive at the Bus station I was supposed to get down and my brother greets me with wide arms.

He took me to his quarter as he now works as an army doctor. I told him everything that happened between me and Ulrick. He was agonized and advised me to go back to my husband but when I told him that I was pregnant and wanted to bring up my child away from the clique he had to seal his lips and accept me in his house. He took great care of me and ensured that I always ate healthy. He brought me to timely visits to the hospital including my medication as he is a doctor himself and knows the importance of gestation.

As the days passed by I was getting bored sitting at home without any work. So I applied for a few jobs online. The next day they called me for an interview and I was fortunate enough to grab one within a few days. Vance told me about everything starting from our dad's mafia connection to the reason he had to leave the house. While I start to connect the dots, everything begins to form a clear picture in my mind. On the day of Dad's death, Ulrick arrived at the house late with blood marks on his shirt. It is now a nude truth open to me. He killed Robert.

I am in shock. I still don't know how many piercing candours I will learn about my husband. But ironically I am not angry with him. He saved my life by killing the killer of my father. Recalling this fact brings me the memories I spent happily with him.  Robert was a threat to my life as I am the only heir of my father with the fact that my brother left the house years back.

As I perceive the gestalt, I discern the truth that my husband loved me much before our relationship started. All of us grew up in the same house but I seldom knew he had romantic side in him. He was a silent guy very reserved but always stood up for me protecting me from my mischievous self. I thought it was brotherly love but no. It was something more.

He risked his life in several situations for me to be safe. While on one side I was grateful to my husband for saving my life, on the other side I promised my unborn child that I would protect him or her for a better future and gift him a life away from complications of mafia. Holding my belly I look down with tears dripping down my eyes. Your father is the hero of my life but I will keep you away from him till my last breath.

I am sorry Ulrick. I love you but cannot return for the sake of our baby.