Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ulrick Pov

Flashback....few hours ago

After I returned to work from my parent's house settling the matters, there hasn't passed even a day when I did not think about Ana. Her winsome smile always comes before my eyes in my sleeping and waking states. Just thinking about her makes my heart flutter with joy. I do not know how I curtailed myself all these years without seeing her. Now that she is so close to me, I want to have her in my arms forever.

With the thought there came an intense urge in me to see her again. I know I am going crazy. But I can't help it. I canceled all my meetings and told my secretary that I would join work only by Monday. I booked the earliest flight and jumped into the jet like a love-sick fool who is smiling crazy.

The pilot greeted me soon after I took the seat and the air hostess looked at me suspiciously for the hysterical smile I was garlanding on my features. Well, what can I do? I am just not able to control my excitement of seeing 'my doll'. While one side of me was thrilled to see my beauty, the other side was getting jittery about the recovery of Ana after losing her dad. I wanted to stay with her during the challenging days but there were many important meetings lined up at work that required my immediate attention. As a result subsequently, I had to fly back to Miami even before saying goodbye to her.

I took anticipatory steps inside the foyer with my eyes searching for her everywhere but the bizarrely silent home got me into a tumult. I know I was behaving fatuously but my emotions are uncontrollable when I think of her. What if something happened to her and my parents have gone.... I shook my head trying to stop the rediculous thoughts.

Picking a water bottle from the fridge, I sat in the study trying to go through some work files but my mind wouldn't cooperate. I kept looking at the wall clock every minute like an inane but there was no trace of her. Where did she go staying away for so long time? I called my parents but there was no answer from both of them.

It is 8:00 pm in the night. She did not return home and it is raising my perplexity. Later mom called me back and told me that she had gone to her friend's place but the answer didn't satiate my waiting eyes that were expecting to see her. I flew all the way from Miami only to see her. Why have I become like this?

"Why does she want to do a group study?  Can't she study at home? Elfin could have helped her if she had any doubts." My voice came out a bit angry to my mother's surprise.

"I am sorry Mom," I immediately apologized to her getting myself to control. I went straight to my room and dialed her security, Mr. John. "Where is Ana greetings can be conveyed later?" I asked him hastily. "Sir Ms Anastasia is at the fair held near Violet Square along with her friends." My legs rooted to the ground in complete shock. I was worried to the threshold of Hades. How could she lie to Mom about going out? She is ignorant about the truth behind the death of her father which is why she is so carefree about her life. I can understand her but cannot ignore the situation in which she is! "Be after her," I commanded her security and cut the call.

**********************

Present:

It's already 9'o o'clock in the morning and she didn't come out of her room. Shit! What did I do? I shouldn't have scolded her being so relentless. Closing my eyes regretfully I take a long breath and resolve to keep my voice under control while talking to her. Unfortunately despite my unlimited efforts, everything goes second fiddle when she falls out of my sight. She is upset because I lost my temper and I have to  modify the situation some way or the other because I cannot stand her apathy.

Though Robert's issue is now settled, I am in the process of erasing him from the roots. He is a mafia don and has connections far and wide. Ana is still not completely out of danger and the thought brings shivers down my body. I will not let anything wrong happen to her. I promised her dad about it and also to myself.

I paced in the drawing hall, several times waiting for her to come down and have her breakfast. I prepared her favorite breakfast, vegetable rolls along with mayonnaise sauce to lure her through food and get my way from the excuse. I have to make up for my behavior. I lose my sanity when I do not see her in front of my eyes.

Mom has gone on an early morning flight to Dubai to help Dad with his audit accounts. She is a chartered accountant and often audits dad's accounts whenever the need arises. Elfin had gone with his friends on a south tour. He will be returning only next weekend. Placing the last piece of vegetable roll on the porcelain plate I was waiting for my doll at the dining table tapping on the phone and replying to some urgent messages but there was no clue of her even after an hour of wait.

I sigh getting up from the seat. Time to face the challenge and deal with my hostile kitten. My legs carry me through the stairs within no time and my eyes go stationed at her angelic sleeping form. Crossing my legs and leaning against the wall I slip my hands in my pockets observing her.

I can watch her all day and still won't get bored. My rims spread to a luminous smile. Her long black hair was sprawled across the queen bed in various directions. The pink night top she was putting on had raised a little exposing the small beauty spot on her waist. Her cute pink lips were in a pout as though she was challenging someone if they could deny her wishes by looking at that pristine pretty face.

I had no intention of waking her up, especially to let away that cute pout on her baby face but what else could I do? My doll should not be skipping her breakfast. It is going to make her sick. Taking a few steps behind to not to present myself as an intruder, I knocked at her door and waited. There was no response, not even a slight stir. Fucking Lord! Give me the power of control or I am going to end up snatching away her virginity in a matter of minutes.

Gently I push away her curls that were covering her beautiful face. "Doll, get up and have your breakfast" I cooed to her. She stirred mumbling something in her sleep and settled back to deep slumber. Every cell in me was urging not to wake her but my brain cautioned she was supposed to have her breakfast.

I shook her again and she opened her eyes looking at me. "Come on have your breakfast, my doll." I tell her like one speaks to a kid.

Immediately I could decipher indignation in her eyes. She answered in arrogance closing her orbs again. "I am not hungry."

I smile shaking my head discerning her puerile ornery. "So you are going to give me a silent treatment now?" I run my hand on her loose tresses and ask her tenderly. "Okay, I am sorry for scolding you a few hours back." My voice turns zealous.

Squatting on the bed abruptly she narrowed her eyes. "Why is it so wrong to go to my friend's place?" She reprimands answers like a small child deprived of her chocolates. I sat down beside her with a glint of amusement and placed a plate of vegetable rolls in her lap. But she held her head back not to taste them. She is so adamant. I put the plate on the table beside the bedpost and folded my hands to my chest accepting her frivolousness as a challenge.

"There is nothing wrong with going to your friend's place, but you are surely at fault on not informing mom about the fair." I held confirmation in my voice.

Her eyes turned wide going flabbergasted. She surely had no idea that I could find out about the second part of the information that she deliberately skipped in conveying to mom. Ana pouted like a cute child and looked everywhere other than me. "You cannot house arrest me. I am not a baby."

"House arrest?" I grinned and spoke again. "Okay let it go like this. You inform me wherever you go and I will not stop you as long as I know that you will be safe. Deal?" She nodded and smiled cheerfully before kissing me on the cheek. "Deal."

I chuckle at her winsomeness. "Doll, you can't be more adorable," I said and pulled her to my lap. Holding her firmly by her waist, I started feeding her breakfast when she suddenly asked, "did you have your breakfast?" I nodded negatively abd she directed the food towards my lips. I chortled at her dinky deeds and both of us ate our breakfast with a hearty chat.

"Ulrick Out of the blue she calls me and my eyes land on her full lips that were addressing me. Something triggers in my heart and I grip her hair tight in a violent action. As though possessed by some power I pushed her tresses out of her face and kissed her cheeks like a hungry ogre.