Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Ana's pov

I have been living in Perth for more than a year now. I miss Ulrick so much. I delivered a beautiful baby girl after seven and a half months. She looks just like her father, with round green eyes, soft black hair, and a small pointed nose. Her beautiful pink lips are as delicate as Rose petals just like his, which makes me miss him even more.

"You look just like your dad, baby," I tell her in merriness. She makes a baby sound making her little pink lips round the size of a ground nut hinting to me, that she likes it when I speak about her father. I tickle her and she gives me her beautiful toothless smile with her eyes twinkling in joy like the stars in the night sky.

I left him for a safe life for our daughter but he is always in my mind reigning my heart and soul. He keeps my dreams beautiful where we were a happy family making love and enjoying every moment.

Dreaming of him gives me the courage to face a challenging tomorrow but when I hear or read about him it breaks my heart into pieces. After I left Ulrick he became an alcohol addict, did drugs, and went into lots of bad habits. It was all over the news and social media entertainment with pictures of him and the information struck like a nail in the coffin. It bothered me a lot that at one point in time, I almost left for the airport to go back to him but the moving of my daughter in my belly brought me back to realization. I need to stay strong for the sake of our daughter.

With undying tears in my eyes, I lead my lifeless life for our most precious jewel, our daughter 'Ulia'.

My brother had been taking great care of me and Ulia and as promised he never let anybody know about my whereabouts including my mother. Because of my changed appearance, Ulrick's security had not been able to trace me to date. I had been doing well in my profession and managing well with my daughter. Ulia had been an easy child and never brought me too many troubles.

After one more hectic day passing by I lay on the bed thinking once again about my handsome husband. I miss his touch - the way his fingers do magic on my body, his smell which still brings goose bumps, his arms around me holding me protected and not the least - the way he calls me 'Doll' with suave.....

With the thought of him I burst into tears again. There hasn't been a single day which passed when I don't think about him and not have tears in my eyes.

I hide my face in the pillow so that my voice doesn't come out and try to quench my unending sorrow looking at our baby sleeping beside me. She gives me the willpower, strength, and courage to face tomorrow.

As I make breakfast for me and my brother I hear baby noises from our bedroom. My brother rushes to pick Ulia. As soon as he enters the kitchen with her in his arms, she bounces in his hands seeing me and getting excited for another day. He brings her little body to his chest and sways her in the air which makes her giggle. I set the dining table with our breakfast and take her in my arms. Today is Sunday and so I decide to do some grocery shopping. "Are you ready to come with me to the supermarket my princess?" I ask my five and half-month-old daughter. She raises her tiny hand formed in a fist while licking her little fingers of the other making cute sounds and jumping in my lap getting excited. Vance is having his morning duty today so he will not be accompanying us to the market.

As I enter the mall, I put all the things I require into the trolley carrying Ulia and move it to the cash counter. There was a huge plasma TV fitted to one of the walls and Ulia was bouncing in happiness looking at the TV. I was inquisitive to find out what gave her so much excitement and was alarmed when I saw my husband on the TV giving an interview. She recognizes her dad. The thought gave me a thrill of excitement. I never hid pictures of Ulrick from Ulia. I must acquaint her with her father and bring up our daughter in a protected environment. When she grows up, it is her choice if she wants to visit him.

The cashier was looking at the TV along with my daughter which somehow made me jealous though I never felt unsafe around Ulrick. The host asked him several questions regarding his business, marriage, affairs, and girlfriends and he answered her patiently. It was affirmed to me once again I was the only woman for him and hearing it brought pride and happiness in my heart.

He was a man of few words and every girl's dream. Thinking about him brought tingles in my stomach like a teenage girl having a crush on her mentor. He had a black suit with a blue color shirt underneath. His jet-black hair was neatly trimmed giving elegance and his eyes were as usual very sharp and serious. The words of the cashier brought me back to the present.

"He looks so handsome. Doesn't he? She asks smiling and lifting my baby in her arms. "Well, I think she will only hold respect and adulation for him than have any other emotions," I tell her tight-lipped in place of Ulia.

The cashier looked at me in a dilemma. To confirm her questions I answered,  "you won't expect a romantic relationship between a father and his daughter." I quit the departmental store furious leaving behind a dumb found cashier with her jaw dropped to the floor after hearing the words I spoke.

I do not know how long I would be able to put up with this charade. If I surrender to my weakness and get my daughter and husband together will she be safe? Several questions were occupying my mind. There was a time when the mafia wanted to end me being the sole heir of the Saint's family and today my daughter is exactly in the same position. She is the sole heir of the most dangerous mafia gang and the only daughter of underworld don and mafia boss Ulrick Hazelwood.

The undeniable fear brought a quiver in my heart. I am destined to stay away from my husband. I control my aching heart and wipe my tears to smile at my beautiful daughter who was now looking at me questioningly with tears threatening to spill out of her baby face.

 I control my aching heart and wipe my tears to smile at my beautiful daughter who was now looking at me questioningly with tears threatening to spill out of her baby face