Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Ulrick pov

We reached Denmark airport within two hours. Mom and Dad reached home by the time we came. They greeted us with open arms and smiles. Dad patted my shoulder congratulating me on my decision of choosing the right girl and Mom was beatific. She was in a whoop of delight kissing Ana and me. In due time Elfin also reached home after his holiday to join the celebration.

Our marriage was announced one month after we trumpeted our decision to be together for each other. I suggested to my parents a simple wedding with close family members and friends. I was always a silent guy with no pomp and show and Ana is completely like me. She is demure and reserved in expressing her opinions. She lost her dad very recently and her mom is still recouping from the trauma of the death of her husband. I can understand Ana very well with the turmoil of emotions she is presently handling. Though she is happy about getting married to me, she misses her parents. I have seen moisture pooling in her eyes several times when she was alone in the penthouse.

Mom was slightly disturbed in the beginning with the idea of a simple wedding but Dad made her understand things. He had always been supportive of me and understood me more than anybody else. I dropped Ana at my parent's home and flew back to Miami the next day. I had an urgent meeting to handle. It was the collaboration of our company with the Chaturvedi group of Industries in textile design and manufacturing. The company's managing director Shivansh Chaturvedi is an Indian and a close friend of mine. Apart from this, there were several other projects, conferences, and meetings I had to attend as our company is fast growing and the diversification of its resources is of utmost importance.

Every day I get up at morning six, and go to the gym. I had been active in doing work-outs every day for almost two hours as I very much believe in the age-old saying strong mind vests in a strong body. Later, I would take a bath and have my breakfast before going to the office. This has been my routine for the last four years. Generally making breakfast depends upon my mood. Sometimes my cook prepares and at other times I make my own breakfast. I like cooking my meals as long as I can spare time. Mom says if I had not been a businessman, I would have been a chef.

Since the day I completed my education, I started taking care of our family business. If there were any business meetings and conferences and I had to go early, I asked Rita to prepare the breakfast for me.

I miss Ana so much. Her entertaining talks, and her culinary - I miss her chicken Biryani so much. Going out with her to enjoy weekends is one of the things that I adore a lot. We Skype several times and sometimes have a long talk whenever I am free. During intervals, she would ask some doubts relating to her subjects which I appreciate. Now I feel I cannot stay away from her anymore. I do not know how I spent all these years without her. I love her so much and am eagerly waiting for her arrival in my life.

Finally, the date of our marriage is out. I am jubilant waiting for the princess of my dreams. Nowadays, I smile a lot even at unnecessary things. It feels like my smile comes with me like an accompanied package. I know people might be thinking me a fool but what can I do? My feelings are uncontrollable but my staff are very happy about my reformation. The poker-faced, insensitive and angry young man Ulrick Hazelwood is replaced by the jovial, fun-loving, and lively boss.

With a lot of merry thoughts in my heart, I approach the venue of our marriage. Friends and relatives started congratulating me. The smile on my lips felt eternal as my eyes twinkled in celestial joy. She was accosted by my brother and my mom and I appeared along with my father. Dressed in a black tuxedo and matching pants, my hair was combed back to perfection after applying my favorite gel. Acknowledging the greetings of various people my eyes were waiting for her, with a bit of nervousness and perpetual ebullience. Today is the day which is going to change my life forever.