Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Ana's pov

My parent's in law were in the hospital within thirty minutes of learning about Ulrick's recovery. Gabriella aunty hugged me tightly with tears of happiness after seeing Ulrick back to consciousness. "This is all because of your prayers."

Alex uncle was holding sleeping Ulia in his arms and ran his hand on Ulrick's hair like he was a little boy. It was the first time I was seeing him openly express his love for his son. "I agree with Gabriella. We hid this from you. Actually his revival is a miracle. The doctor told me the day he was operated itself that the chances of his survival were meager because of immense blood loss. His recovery is completely the result of your prayers."

The last three days were the most torturous days of my life. Looking back at the past was horrible. Yet I could not stop my thoughts. Unpleasant postulations were fueling my mind since the time Ulrick got admitted in the hospital. Though I endeavoured to stay positive, the bugging memories of dad's stay in the hospital always haunted my thoughts. Nevertheless together we evolved over our struggles and became victorious in the end. My past gave me strength to face my future. It brought in me the courage to overcome my fears about re-establishing my family with Ulrick. Together we are a power who could challenge any calamity.

Half an hour later Ulia got up. She was fully active after having a sound sleep and was bouncing with happiness in Alex's hands. Ulia finds her dad awake almost after three days. She was pushing her little hands to Ulrick leaning out her little body from Alex's arms. Though it was painful for him to carry her, the longing to hold his little creation in his arms precluded the suffering. "Have you become a naughty baby giving a hard time to grand daddy my little princess?" He asks settling his tiny mite to his chest and cooing to her in a soft tone.

Ulia circles her little arms around the neck of Ulrick and sucks on her tiny fist. She looked so small on his huge frame like small creeper on a giant tree. Ulia missed Ulrick very much. The scene running before me was painful. At the same time it brought me pleasure that our daughter could go back to her daddy. Our family was complete now enriched with joy. I captured their sweet moment in my phone so that it could stay with us forever that we could share it with our grand kids too.

*****

The room of Ulrick was filled with fragrance of many flowers and 'get well soon' cards. There were flocks of people holding the hospital entrance since the time they learnt about the disaster. Some were praying for Ulrick's early recovery while others cried recalling the incidents of how he helped them in the past. I never knew my husband had so many sympathizers and friends. People from different parts of Australia and overseas congregated the hospital which included his employees and his business colleagues. I became nostalgic learning there were so many well wishers for him across the globe. Their boundless prayers have blessed him a reliving.

The wellbeing of our daughter was my concern but after experiencing the catastrophe at the petrol pump I understood nobody can protect her better than Ulrick. I am proud that I am the wife of such a pietist and felt the guilt that once upon a time I thought of leaving him for the sake of Ulia.

My brother and my mother had also come to visit my husband. Mom just got out from the hospital after a stay of almost three years. My brother is taking care of her since the time she is out of comatose. She became a bit hysterical after learning about the bullet shot. Ulrick is another son to her. My brother consoled her and spoke to the doctors about his health status. He boosted our morale briefing us about his quick response to medicine.

"I am glad you chose to reunite with Ulrick. Otherwise he would have had my head for his next breakfast." Vance cackles and all of us laughed heartily. After a very long time laughter was heard in our family.

"Ulrick was advised by the doctor to stay in the hospital for another week though it is clear on his face that he wants to get away from here as soon as possible." I hit Vance in his arm playfully. "My husband is a fighter. Don't crack jokes on him."

Two days later, my brother dropped my luggage at our residence along with Ulia's. Our daughter was getting cranky as it was her bed time. Ulrick rocks her to sleep after her feed. It has been a week since he is discharged from the hospital.

At six in the evening I got busy in the kitchen for preparing dinner for both of us. Ulrick was still on a hospital diet and I did not employ any cooks as I enjoy cooking for us.

Though he was not completely well Ulrick couldn't keep aside his business as he had been away from it since more than fifteen days. He was working in his study struggling with his cast and kept muttering curses unable to do the writing as he was injured in the right arm. I helped him with the process by doing a part of his job.

"Thank you!" He gave me a contented smile pulling me into his lap. Letting out a low squeak because of his unexpected movement I hold him tight over his shoulders and he takes advantage of the situation by capturing my lips. Our kiss became heated with the time and both of us floundered into our bedroom.

After an extended heated session I ask him the one question which was clogging my mind since long. "Ulrick, can I now see what is in the envelope one?" When he nods, I rush to our cupboard's safety vault and opened the first envelope.

It was the invitation for the inaugural function of our new factory going to start in Los Angeles. When I was engrossed in reading it, I hear Ulrick's voice. "I had been working on starting this factory since last six months. Do you know after who it is named?" He paused for a while for me to answer it.

I shook my head and gave me his charming smile. "Its named after you my Doll, 'Anastasia group of Industries'." He cups my cheek to peck my lips and then continues in his husky tone. "It's my gift to you for your coming birthday. Do you like your gift?" He yens with a pervading curiosity.

I jump in his arms with tears in my eyes and he raises me up in laughter to swing us around. I hold his cheeks in an emotion and kiss his lips.

After a while he puts me on the ground but continues to hold me looking deep into my eyes with passion. I ask him again "Ulrick, what was there in the second envelope? He sighs and looks towards the sky. Raking a hand through his thick black hair, he answers in a feeble tone. "I hope you never get to see what is there in the second envelope."

I narrow my eyes looking at him in question. He pulls me to his chest and replies in a dim tone. "It is my will. All my factories, buildings, estates and my mansions across the globe are transferred in your name. Do you still want to see it?" He asks in a slender emotion.

I could only manage to shake my head in denial as my voice tightens submerged in pressure. Many moments later I speak, "I hope I never not." My arms circle around his neck. He pulls my nose and speaks with a glint of mockery redirecting our conversation. "I think my doll is getting naughtier with the passing days." I tune my face to him in a scowl and direct us to the bed for another heated romantic session.