Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ulrick Pov

What did I just hear? Like a bat out of hell, I got up from my seat in utter shock making the chair tumble down behind me. My hands run on my face with a sudden tiredness as I excuse myself from the room to the washroom attached.

Sprinkling water on my face I look at myself in the mirror above the washbasin. My heart was drumming to my ears as if I just ran a marathon.

Uncle Alejandro told me about every incident from the time he got the phone call from Robert to the time of being shot. I am a devil in the disguise of an archangel. Nobody messes with me. Robert's biggest mistake in life was messing with my family, all the more tweaking are, his eyes on Ana.  The nerve of that goat to even think of touching her.  I want to pluck those eyes away so that he doesn't dare to see any girl in his life. Ana is mine - my inner voice growled with temper.

Speech is silver but silence is gold. I do not give speeches like other business moguls on how dangerous I can be, rogues feel the pinch of my actions when the day arises. And regarding Robert, I promise I will make him taste his own piece of shit.

"I am sorry, I had an important call to take." I lied to Alejandro. "Do not worry, I will take care of Ana," I promised and the features of Alejandro relaxed. 

"I took every care to protect my family but all my guards went down when I received a threatening message from the beast. Robert's next target is my daughter, Ana." Alejandro looked completely devastated, while sharing the information with me.

I couldn't believe my ears. Rage took over me. Robert, you touch what is mine and I am going to wreck what is yours. I wanted to scream ripping his hair out of the skull but composed myself.

Keeping my feelings for Ana concealed, I held Uncle Alijandro's cold hand in mine and promised him I would let no harm even reach the threshold of his family. His tensed stature relaxed and he closed his eyes with gratification.

Raking a hand through my thick black hair, I thought of different options that I had. There was turmoil of emotions within me, but in some corner of my heart, I felt happy, because the old man trusted me so much regarding his daughter.

There was a knock at the door and Ana entered the room with a tray of food for her dad. He meekly smiled at her and gestured for her to come near him. As soon as she reached him he planted a kiss on her forehead and closed his eyes while continuing to hold my hand which he held since the moment I entered his room. It was like as if he was a little guy and my hand would shield from the demons of this world. Did he vest so much of trust in me?  I felt happy with the realization.

After a while, I felt his grip loosen and my heart started beating like a bulldozer. 'Let not happen what I think.' - I sent a silent prayer to God and looked at the monitor beside him which was now no longer beeping. I moved towards it to confirm my abstraction and instantly became paralyzed.

My gaze immediately fell on Ana, and she was already staring at the straight line on the monitor. Gradually I felt her eyes brimming with tears and before I could reach her she burst into huge wails.

I hated myself that no words came out of me to pacify her. But my hands worked on their own. I pulled her to my chest and let her cry to her heart as this would be the last time when she was going to let her tears out.

Robert I'm coming to see you very soon. I gritted my teeth and pledged to myself.

Pulling Ana out of the hospital room, I dropped her in my house and immediately dialed a number. As soon as I got an affirmative, I put my Ferrari on to drive and moved out of the house not saying a boo. I had no time to console Ana though every bone within me was urging to go back and take care of her.

Ana was completely out of control as soon as she found her dad motionless on the hospital bed. All my thoughts circled her while I left her with my parents and started to drive. However my immediate warrented action is to protect her from every evil on earth  than sharing her pain. And I am just going to do that.

I kissed her head before leaving and looked into her eyes with a promise, I am not going to return empty-handed - my love.