Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Ana's pov

Days are passing by very fast. Despite all my efforts to be a mother, I haven't gone pregnant yet. Ulrick is a  man of action. He preaches what he follows. He was always cautious whenever he made love with me and never let his protection fail despite my insistence on using pills which was a lie.

It has been almost three years now that I and Ulrick are married to each other. I will be submitting my project in business analytics next week and will be a postgraduate very soon. I already applied to a few colleges for a job. I want to be a lecturer and be self-dependent though Ulrick wants me to rest and be a queen in our house. Last week I celebrated my birthday with my husband in one of the private lands he owns in Port Blair. I am now twenty-two years old mature woman. I hope at least now Ulrick qualifies me to be a mother.

A week later...

It had been a long day. I attended a few interviews and am confident that I will be getting a job very soon. I did not disclose my identity to any of the interviewers as I wanted a job depending on my qualifications and credentials and not being Ulrick Hazelwood's wife. I am a self confident woman capable of designing my life with my own hands.

I reached home at eight in the night and was feeling very tired and sleepy. I ate the food our cook Rita prepared and ran to the bedroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, and fell under the covers. After some time I felt a hand wrapped around me. I turned to the other side and found my husband's smiling face. "How was your day?" He asked me with endurance. "Good. I think I will be a lecturer soon." I spoke with excitement. He chuckles and wraps me in a hug. "That's great. I am proud of you, my love." He tells me in glee. "We can plan for a child now."

"Yay," I raise my hands in the air beaming to my husband. Words fell short of describing my happiness as I hugged Ulrick tightly and kissed his cheek in exultation.

The next moment I felt arms wrap around my waist. Ulrick captures my mouth and rolls his hand to my butt squeezing it. I let out a soft moan and he moved his lips from my mouth to my cheeks followed by my jaw and neck trailing open-mouth kisses all through the path. I felt my eyes drop in giddiness as moans left my lips continuous by his torrid assault. We make sweet love and both of us retire to a thick slumber.

At around 2'0 o'clock in the night, I could hear some ruckus in my living hall. I guided my hand sideways without opening my eyes and found the bed beside me empty. My eyes immediately were wide open. Dressing back into a nightgown I opened our bedroom door slightly and my eyes fell on the drawing hall situated downstairs. Four security men were standing there speaking to each other. When they saw me, they became silent. I opened the door wider and all of them went back into their positions outside the house. I searched for my husband in the toilet, study room, and then the entire house but found him nowhere. My anxiety began to inflate. I called him but his phone went to a voice mail. I began to perspire because of anxiety. I opened the main entrance and immediately the head of security Mr George was at my service. I asked him about my husband and he informed me that there was an emergency in the office.

My heart begins to ring a dreaded bell. In my three years of marital life with Ulrick, I never saw security staying in my house. "George, please take me immediately to Ulrick's office." I insist the chief security. He hesitates and gives me all reasons to stay at home but I don't listen to him. I have already made up my mind. My husband's well-being is the most important thing to me in life. George makes repeated calls to Ulrick while driving me to his office. Why is he so tense? He is sweating profusely despite the air conditioning in the car.

"George, why are you calling Ulrick every minute when he doesn't pick up your calls? He might be busy. Is everything okay?" My voice fights with anxiety nudging George's shoulder in force while sitting in the back seat of the car.

He wipes the sweat on his forehead with a handkerchief and answers me with a smile that never reached his face. "You need not worry about anything madam. I just wanted to inform sir about your arrival. That's all." He shrugged while driving. i was not stupid to not be able to cognize the pulsing heart behind the muscled chest of this Buffy man.

George had been Ulrick's driver and a friend since his grade school and was now the chief security in charge of me. He and his family had been known to us and loyal for generations but my primary doubt lies in the fact that - why is this man so tensed to bring me to her husband's office? Had something gone wrong with my husband and he is trying to hide the things from me?

My senses never failed me to date and I sense something disastrous that happened between us this night? What could it be? I pray I find myself only delusional when I reach there.