Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Ana's pov

Throughout the drive, George had been raining praises of me about how well I understood my husband and the greatness of our companionship. Beyond his awareness is a nature of mine that no one knows - I am not easy on people in forgiving their fallacies and what Ulrick did was far away from an acquittal.

Pushing my hands up I stare at them. I recall the way I touched him enjoying the roughness of his skin under my soft strokes and the next feeling that I experience is - disgust. Punitive, I bite my tongue so hard that I can taste blood accompanied by an undying feeling of aversion. In a moment I wanted to punish my body to snippets for it enjoyed the feel of his caresses, his love, and his body on mine with his marks everywhere.

I close my eyes in revulsion and recall our heated fornication a few hours ago. His juices are still seeping from my body and the next thought I get is to destroy myself for being such an idiot. My hands form fists with an uncontrollable fury for my existence as his wife. Imperative I felt an urge to puke accompanied by a churning in my stomach. I rush to the sink emptying the contents. What if I am pregnant? I cannot kill an innocent soul for my stupidity of falling in love with a killer.

The feeling of nausea has been hitting me quite frequently of late. I need to get this checked by a doctor as early as possible.

I walked to the entrance of our mansion, and now 'his mansion' because I no longer call it mine. I still remember the day when he gifted this palace to me. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. Holding Ulrick's face in my hands I raise to my tippy toes and kiss him on his lips. "This is so beautiful." I turn around and admire the beauty of the costly structure in awe but today when my eyes stare ahead, the profligate walls scream blood. How many innocent souls might have marked their carcasses grabbing whose money this mansion is built? I looked around and could hear the screams of those gullible souls who had pleaded with him for mercy like the man a few hours ago but..... He is nothing but a deadly beast who kills people ruthlessly like a hungry monster with no trace of humanity.

Dangerous creeps subsume my body with the scavenged thought. I rushed to the washroom to eradicate the touch of his dirty hands, I scrubbed my body with no mercy till it turned red. My skin began to burn not able to stand the torture but the sensation gave me no satisfaction. I wanted to remove every trace of him over mine. After cleaning myself for more than an hour I lay on the bed closing my eyes trying to get some sleep but it was far beyond thinkable. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep for days or perhaps months for what I saw a few hours ago. After some time I felt the bed dip down beside me. He came back after completion of the odious task and instantly I felt my blood percolate out of my veins knowing his presence.

After a moment his hand comes into contact around my waist and I shudder with repugnance. Subsequently, I jump out of bed and look at him with a strong irate. "Doll, did you have a bad dream?" He asks me bewildered and with tenderness in his voice.

"Everything will be okay. I am here to take care of you." He pulls me back to his chest and starts moving his hands through my hair. The touch that once brought solace now brings anguish. I hate him. My heart affirmed. How can a person who killed a human mercilessly an hour ago be so compassionate to the other the next hour? I jerked his hand away with revulsion getting a feeling of some creepy crawler on my body. He looked  at me shocked and stationed his eyes on me as wide as saucers. While he was in the trance I rushed to the nearby guest room and locked the door immediately.

Within a few seconds, I heard his pleading voice knocking at my door. "Doll, what happened to you? Did you have a bad dream? I will set everything normal, cupcakes. Please open the door." He pauses and waits for me at the door. When he gets no reply from me even after a minute he continues. "Sugar, your skin is red with a rash and you are burning with fever. Please let me treat you." He requests me. I did not pay any heed to his words as I continued to close my eyes, trying to fall asleep. There was shuffling heard along the corridor and he begged me to open the door continuously for almost an hour. Afterward, I did not know when my eyelids drop.

The next day morning I woke up fresh trying to stretch my arms when I felt an obstruction. As I move my face a soft cloth slips off my head which was still slightly wet. So he was right about yesterday night. I was running a temperature. I turn my head and feel a hindrance in my middle. His arm was wrapped along my torso and my body was smudged with a white gel-like sticky substance.

I try to move out of his hold but he groans and pulls me further into his chest while his eyes are still closed. How did he get inside? This is his house and he has keys for every room. My sanity tried to intervene. I immediately brushed away the disgusting truth of sleeping with him despite the resistance. I need to invest my mind in more important things and proceed with my next action. I need to get out of his house as early as possible.

I rushed to the bedroom and started dunking my bag with necessities. I took a quick shower and put on a simple and comfortable dress. I put on my yellow sandals and was just ready to leave when I heard his sluggish yet commanding voice from the first floor.

"Where are you going?"