Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Ana's POV

There was no doubt that his statement was rather encrypted, and it had a meaning beyond the calming words he just spoke but I did not try to provoke the matter because I already knew, I wasn't going to get an answer from him. It was too late in the night. So I reserved my good bit of confrontation for the next day.

Is Ulrick hiding something very important from me?

I got up from my bed rubbing my eyes to the rays of sunlight. Good fucking lord! I am already late. Last night's incidence took a toll on my sleep and I forgot to set an alarm on my clock. It was the first day of my college after the autumn break and I am already late for the day. Groaning, I rushed into the washroom to have a quick shower.

Today I am going to accost Ulrick about yesterday's events. I went to the dining hall after taking a bath to have the fastest breakfast and scrolled my eyes around the opulent dining hall but the mysterious handsome seems to be invisible. "Gabriella aunt, where is Ulrick."

She gives me a knowing smile. "My little princess seems to be going on a contest with Ulrick but sadly he already left for Miami and will be coming home only when Elfin joins us here. You can release your anger on him later." The audacity of the arrogant idiot, he didn't even let me know that he was leaving. - I chewed on my lips going indignant.

My appetite suddenly died down though I was heaving in hunger until a few minutes ago. "Aunty, I will be going to Stella's home to get updated on the classes I missed and will be returning home a little late."

A few days later...

Hey Ana..... How are you? I hear a familiar voice and turn back to look at its owner. My eyes glitter in happiness and my lips curl themselves into a wide smile. "Hello Cuddly Bear", I address Elfin with the usual pet name that I gave him when I was four.

My feet automatically carried me to him and I jumped into his open arms. He pulls my nose looks at me top to toe and comments, "You have become very lean cutie pie." I pout at his overt comment.

Elfin is the brother of Ulrick and the second son of Uncle and Aunty. He is like another brother to me apart from my brother Vance. Elfin went on to complete his higher Education, Master in business administration from Princeton University New Jersey.
While Elfin was cracking some stupid jokes and I was holding my stomach unable to curtail the laughter Aunt Gabriella and Alex uncle joined us.

"Why is my son making my princess cry in laughter?" Alex uncle asks Elfin convivial. After a lot many days we have a hearty meal full of fun and happiness.

********

It had been over a month since Dad expired. Mom is slowly improving though she is not out of the coma. I miss my dad very much but the love and affection of Alex uncle and Gabriella's aunt have made my life lively again. The company of Elfin is always fun. We play badminton for long hours in the evening and sometimes go for a brief walk. Thank Jesus! He is not boring and gloomy like his brother.

Thinking of the haughty Adonis my senses instinctively go on a rapid drive. I miss him so much. He left for Miami without informing me. What an arrogant spunk he is! And that disheartened me so much. I was angry and did not speak to him for a long time but he always knew the ways to captivate me with his beguiling words and I was back to square one falling for him once again.

Today I am going to Stella's house for a group study and from there all of our friends are going to a fair. I informed Aunt Gabriella about our group study and left the next part. She permitted me to stay in Stella's house for the night. Uncle Alex is out of the station on some business work so there is not much of a problem in sneaking out of the house.

In the wee hours of the next morning....

"Where were you?" A strong voice reverberates through the extensive walls of the extravagant hall. I jumped out of my tracks after hearing the adjuring tone of the familiar person whom I fear the most during feeble occasions like this.

I turn back in horror to counter the umbrage. "I stayed in Stella's house for the night and I informed Aunt about it." My voice came out almost mute. "Why?" Was his simple question. "To do a group study." My answer was somewhat confident but my head was directed to the floor internally transfixed by his intimidating semblance.

His eyes glare daggers as he takes a step forward. "Don't you dare lie to me doll. Did you stay in Stella's house all the night?" His voice booms the walls in a baleful gargoyle and eyes stationed on me as sharp as the tip of a knife. I felt like a pusillanimous chicken shuddering under his sharp gaze. Did he know that I had gone to a fair?

"I have my ways to find out where you are." He answered my unasked question. How could he read my mind?  "I vested my trust in you but you failed to keep your promise. You sneak out of the house without informing anyone and thought I wouldn't know about it?" His statements came out formidable to my quizzing mind. Is he putting tabs on me?

His assertive voice raised chaos in my already shivering legs. My jaw dropped in agony hearing the flagrant truth get out as him like a curse. It  brought alarm bells in my mind. I knew I was in deep shit. I look at him in terror going pale in seconds. "I am not going to stand your mischief anymore. You will behave. From today forward you are not going to step your foot out except for going to college." His voice comes out established with a finger raised towards me.

Fuck! What is it about him? I ask myself getting irritated and look at him in anger twisting my lips clearly showing him my displeasure but he seems to care less about it as he talks back. "Is my point clear to you?"

I nod going solemn. He looks at me with surreal anger combined with distress and walks back to his room.

What just happened? I was not able to fathom. Why is he like this? At times he is so endearing like a warm-hearted gentleman but within a fraction of a second he can turn into a dangerous and fiery monster.