Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Ulrick pov

The words she stamped upon me a second ago took a while to digest in my system. My heart is broken into pieces as though it was run under a heavy machine several times. She hates me with passion. I smile to myself in woe and go to bat I am beast-resistant to all emotions. Blanketing all the dejection I speak to her. "So you hate me huh! And I am a barbarous slayer." I repeat her afflictive words with a smirk while gathering strength to envelop my misery.

"What do you know about the asshole I killed, a year ago? He was a womanizer - a person who indulged in meaningless sex and bought young girls to forceful prostitution." Looking at her despondently I sigh taking a deep breath. There was no use hiding the truth from her anymore. Being my wife she was supposed to know the reality some day or the other. I decide to let us face it today and prepare myself for the worst.  Bracing the disaster, I tell her everything about my business.

"I kill people who are beyond the law. The courts are bound by many restrictions to grant justice to the just. But in my forum, I am the judge and there is no escapism. I grant equity to the innocent." She looks at me hypnotic going red with all my declarations and I explain to her everything escalating every truth of my life. Holding her gaze I walk towards her cupping her soft cheeks in my rough hands and look into her eyes searching for clemency.

A lone tear escapes her eyelids and she looks down to mumble. "You have enemies all over the country for the kind of businesses you do. How will you be able to protect our child?" Her indecisive words torture me like a man drowning in water. I search her eyes for the truth. Does she think I cannot ensure the safety of my child? Administering my indignation I tell her with firmness. "You need not worry about trivial matters. Those things are left for me to deal with. Enjoy your life being the wife of a billionaire. Mine. And bring up our children with principles. That is the only thing I expect from you."

She seems unfazed and stands governed by my statements. "I give you all rights to see our daughter. You can visit her whenever you want but I am sorry to express, I do not feel safe anymore with you after what I saw on that cataclysmic day."

Her decision left me perplexed and I was antagonised by her impertinent remarks. "You give me permission to see 'my' daughter? I ask her searing annoyance. "Who are you to grant me the access to interact with my blood?" I furrow my eyebrows with anger. "I am a businessman who earns billions in a day. Things go through peaks and valleys with just a snap of my fingers. I cannot start flying every day to see my daughter and my wife leaving billions worth of business I have to deal with every day. I want my family with me in my mansion." I stress the word 'my' and stand accentuating an aura of influence as my hands go inside my pockets.

She seethed with soreness in her voice "That is impossible to occur".

I was already on thin ice listening to her uncountable and meaningless presumptions. She is surely out on a limb for dictating terms to me. Losing the patience that was hanging on a thread, I bomb at her with asperity. "Then be prepared to face the court. You hid a child from her father depriving her of his affection. You brought mental affliction to me. You kept me uninformed about your pregnancy wherein I am the father of the child that you were carrying. You damaged my family's reputation and deprived peace within my family. You will face the charges for everything, Anastasia." I allege with the outpour of annoyance and a mounting exhaustion that felt like something tightening my throat.

She looked at me with tears running out of her cheeks. My heart clenches studying her vulnerability. She is my little wife pristine and unblemished with radiating innocuousness.

My body worked on its own accord. Moving forward I wipe away her tears with my fingers. I cannot continue squabbling on her seeing her eyes tearing up. I love her. And even if I get angry it doesn't stay long. It takes all of me to act firm to her once again. "Do not say I didn't warn you because I do. Go to the highest court. Hire the best lawyers. But this time the victory is going to be mine." I profess with might. "I am a business tycoon, the billionaire having a reputation far beyond your imagination. You cannot beat me let alone stand in the competition. I warn you for the last time. You're acting crazy Anastasia. Pack your bags to set for the abode. I promise I will give the safest and the best life for you and our daughter."

My mobile makes a beep indicating the time to leave. I look at my Rolex and inform her pointing to the breakfast "Eat well and don't get into stray thoughts. I prepared your favorite." I tell her solemnly. Getting my steps forward I nibble on her soft cheeks with stoicism in my emotions and cupping her face in my hands I kiss her lips fervently. "I will be here next Sunday to pick you up and I don't want a scene to be created then," I warn her and bring her to a hug. We stay like that for a few seconds treasuring the proximity of each other. I go to the bedroom gaze at my beautiful sleeping daughter for a while, I wanted to cradle her in my arms but for the tiny and cute firecracker that she is like her mother, I didn't take the risk and left without a turn back.