Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Ulrick pov

I had been married to Ana for more than two years from now and these two years had been the happiest years of my life. I cannot wait to have my kids move into the house. I want to have a daughter first and she would be just like her mom, naughty and cheerful who would take away every ounce of my work stress with her pretty smile. I still can't get away with that cute look of my wife when I insist on her eating something she doesn't like. We make sweet love several times at night and even during days when it is a holiday. This had been our routine since the day we got married.

Ana gets horny very quickly these days. She doesn't allow me to sleep till late in the night but anything for my sugar dip. "Ulrick" she draws circles on my chest and looks at my lips with an evident desire in her eyes which is enough to turn me into a jelly within seconds. I doubt that she is pregnant because I watched her puke early in the morning a few days back. Thereby I am planning to take her to a gynecologist tomorrow.

We had a nerve-kicking lovemaking and I was about to retire for the night feeling exhausted when I got a call from my security. It was past midnight. I press the accept button and say 'hello' groggily. In a fraction of a second, I was on high alert. My ears perk out listening to the speaker and sleep was far gone with my eyes wide awake. He shouldn't have done it. That rascal rubbed on the wrong side entering my mansion. But my security is always prompt. They caught the asshole and immediately drove him to my office.

I operate all my underworld activities right from my office. Ana must not know anything about it until the time arises and the first people to know about it is my security. I instructed them regarding Ana's innocence of me being a mobster on the day before my marriage. I kiss my beautiful wife on her lips covering her naked form with a blanket and slowly shift out of the bed.

I put on my white dress shirt and black pants to counter the bridle. Before going I turn around and grab a look at my sleeping bride. She is so beautiful. Kissing her on the forehead I whisper "Sweet dreams Baby Doll" and alert my security as my wife is alone in the house. Opening the secret safe of our bedroom I tuck my Colt Walker revolver in my back pocket and quickly get down the stairs, time to teach the slime a lesson. I set my legs on the gas pedal of my bottle green Range Rover and head to my destination.

All of it started four years ago. I graduated with my master's in Business Analytics with flying colors from Stanford University. I was like any young adolescent who had beautiful thoughts about his future. According to my wishes, I set targets and soon became one of the top billionaires in India when one day my destiny came all knocked to my feet.

It was a stressful day at the office and I came home late at night. I was heading to my bedroom to rest before my eyes fell on a small light glowing in the study. I walked to it to put it off when I saw my father almost drunk with a glass of scotch in his hands. I never saw my father so helpless and shattered. He was always my role model boosting my morale with positive thoughts when I felt weak and was conquered by challenges. Such a positive man was in tears that day which states that the problem was serious.

I consoled him and asked him the reason. The words he let out next felt like a volcanic eruption that disrupted every iota of peace vested in me. My ears shed out flames of fury for my helplessness. The beautiful world that I embalmed all my life left me like a mere fantasy. I collapsed to the ground in a fraction of a second and since then, everything changed.

Getting away from the thoughts I stop my car in front of my shrine of worship in other words my workplace. Yes, I love my work and treat it as God. It is also the place where I teach a lesson to the delinquent. It is my court and I am the judge here. There are no adjournments here unlike the other judicatures and the only punishment the criminals get here is 'death'.

Yes, my actions are illegal but my dealings are scrupulous. My ways are unlawful but my ends are licit. The neutrality which no bench can provide is done in mine with all fairness and impartiality to the innocent people.

My present case deals with a Casanova who rapes and sells young, innocent girls to foreign countries as sex workers. The philanderer had been in this business for the last ten years. I am going to kill him callously and grant freedom to those naive girls who had a life of torture for decades.

Today he had the effrontery to barge into my house but the fucker was too innocent for inviting his funeral with his own hands. I spare no one who intercedes with my private life. Unfortunately, I couldn't save Uncle Alejandro. My home is the place where tranquillity resides. To date, nobody escaped the iron clutches of my men. They are the serpents who emit the strongest poison that anybody has ever heard of. The miscreants who fall into this pit have no other turn but to accept death most brutally.

My life is always at risk as I grant justice to the innocent who are shattered under the affluent. My cases include drug mafia, child trafficking, illegal trade, and many more. Millions of people depend upon me for their livelihood. The people who work for me are not heartless. They are noble and have seen the different colors of my life. They work for me because they love me and respect me and they work for me with all loyalty, complete self-surrender even if it costs them death.

Outwardly I am a very renowned billionaire businessman but my darkest secret is that I am an underworld Don, a Mafia leader ironically a crime boss who grants justice to the just.