One

[if you haven't read book 1 of this book then you should or you will be confused]
Pepi POV
Today was Ryan's daughter Ranaye's 7th birthday and she was spending it at Chucky cheese.Me and Keith were sitting by a table with Ryan and Woody just talking,while the kids were playing games.
Payton POV

Payton:"oh hey Jamal I thought you said you wasn't coming to this party?"Jamal:"yeah I wasn't going to but my mom kinda forced me,she said she would rather have me play with kids my own age,instead of hanging out with my older brother and his frie...

Jamal:"yeah I wasn't going to but my mom kinda forced me,she said she would rather have me play with kids my own age,instead of hanging out with my older brother and his friends"
Payton:"oh alright cool"
Jamal:"all these games are boring,there for kids"
Kayton:"we are kids"
Jamal:"yeah but I've always thought of myself as wise beyond my years"
Kayton:"your test scores say otherwise"
Jamal:"man who cares about school!anyway so there's this arcade next door with this awesome zombie shooting game and I was thinking..maybe we could sneak out"
Payton:"yeah sure come on"
I start walking until Kayton grabs my shirt from behind
Kayton:"we can't just leave Ranaye's party"
Jamal:"yeah we can stop being such a pussy"
Kayton:"Payton I need to talk to you come"
Kayton pushes me to the side far enough so Jamal can't hear us

Kayton:"Payton what are you thinking dads going to kill us"
Payton:"not if I don't get caught.its fine you don't have to come,I know you wanna stay and be with your little girlfriend!"
Kayton:"boy stop yelling damn"
Payton:"your secrets safe with me...I won't tell anyone about your crush!!"I yell then run out with Jamal.
_
_
Kayton POV
Woah there are a lot of kids here,but where is Ranaye?i walk through the crowd of kids from my school and some I don't recognise until I see Ranaye,she looks so pretty as always.

__Kayton POVWoah there are a lot of kids here,but where is Ranaye?i walk through the crowd of kids from my school and some I don't recognise until I see Ranaye,she looks so pretty as always

Kayton:"hey Ranaye happy birthday"
Ranaye:"thank you"she says hugging me"where is Payton?"
Kayton:"um he's...he's um.....wanna shoot some hoops?"
Ranaye:"sure!"
We walk over to the basketball game and Ranaye starts shooting .
Kayton:"come on Ranaye you can do it!"
She kept missing ever shoot but I could see she was trying really hard.she finally got one in,then another
Kayton:"yes Ranaye your getting the hang of it"as I said those words I could see my dad walking over to us.

My heart was beating real fast as I knew he was gonna ask where Payton is
Keith:"it's good to see your having fun,but where is Payton?"
Keith:"oh Payton as in my brother.....he's um...he's over there"I point behind my dad,then quickly run behind him before he turns around.
Kayton:"hey dad it's me Payton"
Keith:"boy stop playing with me you two may be identical but I can tell you apart,so where is he?"
I put my head down and mumbled
Kayton:"he's at the arcade not far from here"
Keith:"this kids always up to no good"my dad says rushing out the building

I look over to Ranaye who looked real sad.
Ranaye:"so Payton didn't wanna stay at my party?"
Kayton:"of course he did he just...well am here so it's fine...come on let me see if I can shoot more hoops then you"
_
_
_
Payton POV
Me and Jamal have been playing this two player game for ages and kept playing again and again.

There were these two older boys behind us who have been standing there patiently waiting for ages
Payton:"hey maybe we should let them have a go"
Jamal:"uh nah I want to keep playing though"
Payton:"well I do to but they have been waiting for a while"
Jamal:"who cares cause I don't"he laughs
Boy:"hey aren't you kids to young to be playing this game anyway?"
Jamal:"doesn't your breath smell to bad for you to be speaking to me?"
Boy:"what did you say to me?"
Jamal puts the gun for the game down and faces the boy
Jamal:"I said your breath stinks,what you gonna do about that?...white boy"

All of a sudden Jamal and this boy are straight up fighting each other and my dad walks in
Keith:"hey...hey,HEY get off each other!"
The older kid looks up at my dad then runs away.he looked quite intimidating by his height
Keith:"so what are you two doing here fighting?"