Thirteen

Kayton POV
Payton and I were just sitting down eating cereal when Payton gets a phone call.
Phone call(on speaker)
Keith-"hey Payton I heard your back home why haven't you came to see me?"
Payton-"oh sorry dad we can come see you now"
Keith-"yeah for sure.....is your brother with you?"
Payton-"yeah"
Keith-"did he agree to come?"
I shake my head no?while drinking the last of my milk from my cereal bowl,but Payton just looked at me like I was being stupid.
Payton-"yeah he did bye"
Phone call ends

Kayton:"what the hell man am not going"
Payton:"why not?"
Kayton:"i just don't wanna see him"
Payton:"why you been acting weird ever since we got here?....I know mom and dad are going through some stuff but that dont mean you've got to ignore him like what the fuck"
Kayton:"Payton why'd you think mom was crying last night"
He shrugged his shoulders
Kayton:"cause of dad obviously"
Payton:"you don't know that for sure"
Kayton:"oh I think I do"
Payton:"is there something you ain't telling me?"
Kayton:"no"
Payton:"alright then just come"
I kiss my teeth
Kayton:"fine!"

I get a text from Ranaye asking me to come over
Ranaye💔-Kayton come to mine
I left her on read,I really didn't wanna see her I just feel like it will be awkward now she knows I like her,plus she basically said I am like a brother to her,I don't want that.

Payton finished up his cereal then put our bowls in the sink
Payton:"come on we're leaving"
We walk over to the door while I yell
Kayton:"were going out mom!"
_
_
_
Jamal POV
Jayden:"Jamal come here"
I jog over to him
Jayden:"am a need you to go with Darren and he gone take you to give some guy his shit and he'll give you money.remember to count it in his face before you leave,make sure he's giving you enough"
Jamal:"alright but I don't see why I can't ever go alone I mean I can drive"
Jayden:"just go man these people are buying coke don't you think there could be some crazy ass crake heads,you need protection"
I nod my head then go off with Darren into his car.
_
_
The ride was pretty long,just as I was getting out the car I got a text from Ranaye.
Mygirl💋❤️😍-baby are you gonna come see me today?

Jamal-yh just not right now am busy

Mybaby😍💋-alright x
Darren:"boy get off the damn phone and take this"
He handed me the bag and I walked over into the house.then knock on the door.

Buyer:"who are you?"
Jamal:"Jayden's younger brother"
Buyer:"come in"

I walked in and the house.

He took the bag dipped his finger in,then put his finger in his mouth.
Buyer:"this some good shit"
Jamal:"coo so where the money at?"
He stood up and started walking to another room

My phone began to ring,I looked at caller ID and it was Jayden.
Phone call
Jamal-"yo"
Jayden-"hurry up and get the money then tell Darren to take you to the hospital"
He was speaking with such urgency
Jamal-"why what's going on?"
Jayden-"mom just had a heart attack"
Jamal-"what?"
Jayden-"just hurry up okay"
Phone call ends
The guy finally comes back so I run up to him grab the money and leave.

I open Darren's car door and sit in the passengers seat.
Jamal:"bro my moms in hospital you've gotta take me there real quick"
He doesn't reply he just does as I say
_
_
_
Keith POV
The boys had gotten to the house and we're just sitting on the couch catching up.
Keith:"so hows college"
Payton:"dad there's this girl that I like and I know she likes me but she's playing hard to get.what should I do"
Kayton:"she not playing hard to get she just ain't into you"
Payton:"man shut up your just mad cause Ranaye don't want your virgin ass"
Keith:"alright Payton that's enough.....yall didn't go to college for the girls,you went there to do work....we can talk about the girls later but I just wanna know bout your grades right now,that's what's important"
Kayton:"well am studying all the time but just getting alright grades while Payton doesn't studying at all but is getting higher grades than me"
Keith:"well that's alright I mean it's the effort that counts am glad your working hard....but Payton why ain't you studying"
Payton:"cause I don't need to,as he said am getting better grades then him anyway"
There was a knock at the door and I looked at it worried hopping it wasn't who I thought it was,Please don't be Ryan.