Twenty two

Keith POV
I got to Pepi's moms house and knocked on the door.Not long later her mom answered.
Mrs.S:"hey Keith"she says hugging me"come in"

I walk in and see the boys dragging there suitcases down the stairs.

Kayton:"oh hey dad you good"he says getting to the bottom of the stairs
Keith:"yeah just came to see you two before you left......hey where's your mother"
Payton:"she's upstairs..in her room..which is where she's been for a while now"
Mrs.S:"Pepi hasn't left the house since she came back from your place and you said what you said.Maybe you should go speak to her"
I nod my head yes then go upstairs to her room.

I knocked on the door.
Keith:"Pepi it's Keith can I come in"

She didn't answer so I just went in and saw her sitting up in her bed on her phone.

I walked over to her bed and sat by the corner.

Keith:"Pepi can we talk"I say looking right at her,but her eyes were just glued to her phone.she was acting as if I wasn't there.

I move closer to her
Keith:"Pepi please talk to me"
she suddenly bursts into tears,I could tell Pepi was really hurting and it hurt me to know that I was the cause of that.

I put my arms around her and she cry's into my shoulder.

Pepi:"I know your back with Ryan"she says which caught me off guard
Keith:"wh where did you hear that?"
She released herself from the hug then wiped her tears
Pepi:"Ryan told me that you don't love me with no explanation to why she felt that way and you don't wanna get married so am assuming your back with her"
Keith:"just because Ryan told you something doesn't mean it's true"
Pepi:"so then do you love me Keith"
Why is this question so hard to answer,it's pretty straight forward.
Keith:"of course I love you Pepi,you gave Me my boys and I love you so much for that"
She held on to my hands and looked me in my eyes
Pepi:"okay but are you in love with me Keith"
I froze for a minute,why can't I just tell her the truth
Keith:"I don't...i don't know..I mean I guess"I stuttered a lot and my heart was beating real fast
Her voice started cracking
Pepi:"what kinda answer is that Keith....you know I always feared this would happen.i always had this thought in the back of my mind that you were only with me because of the kids,I always felt like if you had a chance to get back with Ryan you would get back with her in a minute.i see the way you look at her and it hurts me cause i always knew deep down that you never intended to stay with me.i was just a bit of fun on the side but I ended up getting pregnant and you were stuck with me"
I didn't say anything because I knew that everything she was saying was exactly how I felt,it was the truth.
Pepi:"But it's alright Keith"she says wiping the tear that attempted to drop down her face"I never should have slept with you or lead you on,Ryan and you are ment to be together and I messed it up"
Keith:"Pepi stop you can't blame yourself for it all it takes two to do what we did,and in a way I don't regret it.I don't regret it because We got two amazing kids out of it and I got a bestfriend"
She gave me a weak smile then I pulled her in for a hug
_
_
Payton POV
Kayton and i were eating our grandmas famous mac and cheese and Kayton kept getting called but he kept declining them
Payton:"who is that?"
Kayton doesn't answer me,he just carries on eating.
The phone rings again so I grab it
Payton:"why you ignoring Ranaye?"
Kayton:"just put my phone down"
I answer the call
Phone call
Ranaye-"hello?"
Payton-"hey Ranaye what's good"
Ranaye-"um did I not call Kayton?"
Payton-"damn yes this is Kayton's phone but I was nice enough to actually answer your call"
Ranaye-"oh am sorry if I came across as rude I was just a bit confused but yeah am good.....wait why doesn't Kayton wanna talk to me?"
Payton-"probably because you rejected him and he's had a crush on you since I don't know forever"
Ranaye sighs
Ranaye-"he was acting fine the day I told him how I felt.can't he get that I can't force my feelings for him"
Payton-"yeah he'll come around don't worry"
Ranaye-"so when we leaving?"
Payton-"soon just come round when your ready yeah"
Ranaye-"for sure...oh and Payton do you know what Jamal's up to right now? he was kinda acting strange when I called him"
Payton-"if your worried he's cheating don't be,he wouldn't do that to you,and you know his moms in the hospital right"
Ranaye-"yeah I do but I think something else is up"
Payton-"um well he hasn't told me anything so"
Ranaye-"oh alright Payton that's fine"
Payton-"see you in a bit yeah"
Ranaye-"byeee"
Phone call ends

I hand the phone back to Kayton
Kayton:"why you say all that I ain't tripping cause she don't like me,I just didn't wanna talk to her right now"
Payton:"shut up Kayton"I say finishing up my food
Kayton goes over to the sink to wash his plate
Payton:"you know you can't force her to like you"
Kayton:"I know am not stupid Payton it just sucks man"
I put my plate in the sink for Payton to wash as my parents come downstairs with smiles on there faces.
Payton:"wow mom and dad smiling together I haven't seen that in a while"
They both laugh
Payton:"so you two sorted it out"
Keith:"yeah you could say that"
Kayton:"mom dad cheated"he blurts out