Kris Wilkes

(a request)

You were with your friend Brianna chilling in the passengers seat of her car while she drove you guys to ‪Chick Fil A‬, after your day of shopping. You had the aux and you were currently playing Humble by ‪Kendrick Lamar‬.

"Be humble, hold up, bitch sit downn!" You and Brianna rapped along laughing. Then your ringtone started going off in the speakers, it was your friend Jada.

"Girl what do you want you ruined my jam session with Brianna" you say.
"Um y/n I think you might want to check instagram" she replies nervously. You put the phone on speaker.
"Uh.. ok? What's up, did Kylie post another picture of Stormi again?" you ask laughing.
"No for real you gotta see this. Just do it" she says then hangs up.

"Go head check" Brianna says urging you.
"I am I am."

You open up instagram and scroll down your timeline. ‪Beyonce‬, YBN Nahmir, Odell Beckham Jr., Yodel boy, etc, etc, etc.
"What could she possibly be so pressed ab-...." and that's when you see it.

The caption *UCLA Shooting Guard Kris Wilkes declares for the NBA Draft* with a picture of Kris smiling in front of the microphone at a press conference.
Kris Wilkes. Kris, your Kris? What? How? When? This makes absolutely zero sense.

"Let me see," Brianna says taking the phone from you.
"Oh shit... y/n what the" she stops and looks at you.
You don't even know how to feel right now.
"Why didn't he tell me? He never even mentioned this. Of course we've talked about his goals before but..." you trail off. You feel so empty right now.
"Oooouu y/n just tell me when!! I will personally beat his ass! How can he do this and not tell you!?" She says getting heated up.

You open up your messages and you see not a single text from him, "Wow. Not even a text" you say shaking your head.

"Ok listen babe, I don't want you talking to him. He didn't text, call, or even tell you but you had to find out on social media first? No that's just disrespectful." Brianna says driving into Chick Fil A.

~3 days have passed~

It's been super hard but some how you managed to avoid Kris for three whole days. His calls, texts, facetimes, you basically just stayed with your friend Brianna in her dorm to avoid him. You were still so hurt.

There's a knock at the door and you go to open it. You see it's Kris, gasp and slam the door back in his face, and lock it.

"y/n please open the door"

you don't respond.

"y/n? baby please. i miss you so much. please open the door."

still silence from you.

"babygirl please open up. i'll explain everything i promise. i'm sorry y/n, i'm sorry."

You look over at Brianna and she shakes her head at you and mouths "Let him suffer".

You chuckle silently, you love Brianna. "Fine. You can explain to me through the door."

"AND U GOT 3 MINS SO GO" Brianna shouts.

"Ok baby so I was gonna take you out to dinner, explain to you my decision and everything. I would never make a decision that big and not tell you first baby.-"

"SO WHAT HAPPENED!!!" Brianna shouts
You start snickering. "Ok continue Kris."

"Anyway, I gotta tell my coach regardless, so I decided to tell him after practice. I don't know what happened from there whether he told or if someone overheard us and told. But ESPN was posting about it before I knew they knew! Even my parents were mad at me and I had to explain!"

"But what about that press conference picture?" you say.

"Baby that's old. You didn't notice my hair was much longer?" he says.

You look over at Brianna. She sucks her teeth and waves her hand at you.
You open the door and Kris gets up off the ground to embrace you in a huge hug.

"We forgive you" Brianna says with her arms crossed.

You laugh into his chest.

He sighs, "Baby I'm sorry. I missed you so much"

"It's ok it was all a misunderstanding. Maybe I should have just let you explain earlier" you mumble.

[ The End ]