chuma okeke pt. 2

pt. 2
JessicaTurner466

~

it had been 3 months since you'd seen or talked to Chuma. although that doesn't sound like a lot, it feels like forever.

you find yourself wanting to text him or going to dm him a meme.
your last texts were:

Chuma: just saw the keys.

*you didn't respond*

Chuma: our pajamas came i'll send yours to your apartment.

*you thumbs up the text*

Chuma: dj says hi lol.
(dj is his teammate)

*you thumbs up the text*

you don't understand why he continues to reach out to you but whatever.

your friends are overly supportive but sometimes a little too supportive and at times you just drive off and go to random places because you need space.

today was one of those days.
you typed "mexican restaurant" in your gps and clicked on the one furthest away.

"45 mins not that bad. BYE EVERYONE I'M GETTING AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD"
"fuck you!" nia says.
there is a running joke of her eating chipotle and it not being "real".

once you walk inside the place, you smell strong aromas of grilled corn and happiness. the employees behind the counter are smiling as they serve food and take orders.

the bright yellow on the walls screams "welcome home". you're pretty happy you chose this place.

after you order you sit down at a table, prop your phone up and turn on Trolls.
the chair across from you scoots back and of course...

Chuma Okeke.

you don't even say anything just look at him coldly.

"i knew this time would come but i didn't know when" he says.
you pause Trolls but continue eating.
why are you giving him the time of day?
at least you're not crying...

"aren't you gonna say something?" he says sadly.
"what the fuck could you possibly want?" you ask dryly.

"i don't... i don't know." he hangs his head down.
"when i got drafted marie hit me up....

you don't even listen to him, you didn't ask to hear the story about how he started cheating on you.
emotionally, you were not ready for this.

"i don't even know yo and then at that point it'd been 3 weeks–"

"listen to me Chuma. the past 3 months i have grown and matured. i do not want to hear how you weakly gave into your ex after we dated for 2 years. i felt beyond disrespected and embarrassed and want nothing but to move on"

he looks at you weakly.
"y/n i just don't know." he takes a deep breath in between. "my stats are low. my ambition is low. my heart is heavy"

"you made an active decision and then you continued to make that decision over and over again" you say straight faced.
you really didn't think you would be able to handle it this well.

"y/n there's nothing i can say to change what i did. nothing i can say to take it back. but i'm actively trying to change and be a better person. i apologized to marie for treating her like a worthless booty call. and now i want to apologize to you. i threw away 2 years like it meant nothing. i let getting drafted get to me and didn't act accordingly. i embarrassed you but most of all i let you walk out that door and eat chick fil a in your car by yourself"

you were shocked he saw, but didn't show it on your face.

"can we start from square one? can we be friends at least? i just need you in my life, my biggest fan, my girl–"

"we can be friends" you interrupt.

"okay" he grabs your hand "i'm the dumbest bitch ona planet right now"
"you are" you softly smile.
"i'm really stupid" he says shaking his head looking at you smiling.
"ok buddy we knew that"

"damn i went from daddy to buddy" he says fully smiling now.
"ard are you gonna get food or not?" you ask him.

"i get to see two meals in one day" he winks and gets up.
that was poor...

well, we'll see where this goes.
~

The End

Honest question: Y'all think Mikey Williams is cute?? me? no🤮🤢😷