shaqir o'neal - 1v1

this is a request. 

y'all think shaqir is cute? tbh i think he seems goofy and funny not cute, but that's fine cause his brother is mine👅👅.

~

you and one of your best friends jaden newman were hanging out at the basketball court.
(jaden newman is a 15 yr old girl who is really good at basketball for some of you who don't know. she is the one who beat steph curry in a 3 point contest)
normally you wouldn't like it that she dragged you with her to play basketball but today you asked her to help you learn a few moves.

to impress the love of your life.
aka shaqir o'neal, like he is so fine.
everyday saturday him and his friends meet at the basketball court and play against each other.
the only reason you know this is because you've seen him a couple times when you are walking your dog.
other than that, you go to the same school as him and you've had a crush on him for quite some time.

(flashback)
one day your dog luna got loose and ran onto the court.
"oh hell no you think i'm chasing after you?" you say mumbling and doing a slight jog to catch up with her.

of course she runs right up to shaqir.
she not slick smh. you always knew your dog was gonna get you back for not giving her a piece of your steak that one time.

"hey y/n wassup?" he asks smiling at you.
luna nuzzles into his knee and he squats to pet her.
"hey pretty girl aren't you so cute?"

i mean i'm right here.. you thought.
"haha" you awkwardly chuckle. "sorry about her she does what she wants"
you start sweating a little bit as you glance around and see some of his friends looking at you.
all these boys on the court shirtless and this damn dog wanna run over here.

"Y/N!!" Shaqir shouts. you didn't realize he was now standing up and looking right into your eyes.
"yes?"
"i said do you want to hop in? jeremy over there heaving cause he had a slushy before the game and we need a player" he says smiling at you looking hopeful.

"yea you came at the perfect time ma" jeremy says winking at you.
this boy has red and blue stains all on the collar of his shirt. ewwwww
"if you don't shut up" this other boy says and throws the basketball at jeremy.

"um i can't right now i'm not really dressed for it" also i don't fuckin know how to play.
shaqir looks you up and down, eyeing your yellow summer dress and flip flops.
"yea.... haha" he says distantly.

"ard come on Qir!"
"sorry i gotta go whip some ass, but anytime you want to come play with me, let me know" he says.

present time.

"y/n you can't dribble with two hands at the same time. that's a double dribble come on girl" jaden says to you slapping her hand on her forehead.
you had been working on fundaments for the past 15 mins but it felt like 45 to be honest.

no two handed dribbling.
no running with the ball in your arms.
no pushing.
blah blah blah

so many rules to remember omg.
shaqir better just marry you after this cause this is slavery damn.

"shoot yea my bad. i got it next time" you say wiping the sweat from off your forehead.
"why do you suddenly want to learn how to play basketball so bad? you hate whenever i ask you to play" she asks.
you laugh slightly, "uh i'm just trying to be a better friend you know?"

she laughs loudly "stop playing. it's definitely because of shaqir. you think you slick"
damn tf. then why would she ask if she already knew the answer. (this what i want to say to my mom sometimes like BRUH)