Chapter 30

Here's another chapter. Hope you like it.

Laxus' P.O.V

Natsu came out of the infermary, with Happy and (E/N) following, all had smiles on their faces.

" she ok?" I asked worried

Natsu replied " ok enough to make a good conversation. She wants to see you. Oh, before you go in, make sure she stays lying down. She needs her rest."

I nodded and walked into the infirmary. When I walked in the first thing I saw was (Y/N) sitting up looking like she was thinking about something. What if she heard what I said to my dad? and if she did, did she hear the part when I said I loved her?
Oh my god, this is going to be awkward. Especially if she doesn't return my feelings.

" you know, you're supposed to be resting and that means lying down," I announced startling her slightly.

She just smiled at me and didn't move from her position. So I move over to the bed and pushed her down. I don't feel like having to deal with Natsu bugging me because I didn't make her rest.

We just sat there in an awkward silence for what seems like forever, before she decided to break it.

" Thank you, Laxus, I know I've said it before but I wanted to do it properly. When I'm not about to pass out at any second. You saved my life, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to repay you." she told me before I cut her off

" you don't have to repay me. Like I said before, I wasn't just gonna let them hurt you like that and not get a thrashing." I reassured her

And we were back to an awkward silence. Just simply smiling at each other and once again she broke the silence.

" When you were fighting, i may have not been able to open my eyes because I was so tired and weak, but i could still hear what was happening..." She was sitting up again. I just let her do it. It's her choice. She looked at her lap and started playing with her fingers before continuing.

Oh god. She knows. She knows I like her. This can either be really awkward or really good.

" From what I heard, it sounded like, you like me. As in more than a friend. Is that true, Laxus? Do you like me?"  She asked

I looked into her eyes. Her beautiful, sparkling (E/C)   eyes and nodded before looking down embarrassed. Was she going to let me down easy? Say she prefers us as friends?. All of these questions were swimming in my mind before (Y/N) started speaking cutting off my thoughts.

" You don't need to be embarrassed if it makes you feel any better, Laxus. I..." before she could answer she was interrupted by the door opening and Poliusca walked in looking annoyed at both of us.

" What are you doing sitting up, you should be resting." she sternly told (Y/N) before turning her head towards me.

"you're not helping matters. She needs rest, not a conversation. Out! Go watch the rest of the games!" She ordered me.
Wasn't she the one to tell Natsu and I  that (Y/N) wanted to speak to us. This woman is confusing.

I got up gave (Y/N) a little kiss on the forehead as a goodbye

before I walked out the door to watch the rest of the games. The one obvious question lingering in my mind.

Does she like me back? 

Another chapter done. Hope you liked it. An update will be next Sunday.