Chapter 45

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Yukiko and Colonel Arkadous had finished explaining to us that the Eclipse Gate was to travel back 400 years into the past and stop Zeref from gaining immortality. Apparently, they needed Lucy's help because they needed all the Zodiac keys to open it. But before we knew it, we were surrounded by royal soldiers.

"Hold it right there! " One soldier yelled at us.

" Royal soldiers!" Wendy yelled in fright

" We've done nothing wrong !" Carla tries to reason with them. But it didn't work.

As always Natsu stepped in front of me, protecting me from the guards.

" Is there a problem ?" he asked calmly

" What's going on?" Lucy trembled from beside me

" Did you come here looking for a fight!?" Gray yelled to the soldiers.

Then this creepy, short, old guy came out of the circle of soldiers.

" it would be wise for you to surrender now before the thing gets messy, Colonel Arkadous." He said.

Colonel Arkadous and the short guy, who's the name I learned to be Defense Minister Darton, started arguing over the Eclipse project. Minister Darton was saying it was too risky and was also scolding Arkadous for bringing us in here.

But Colonel Arkadous agued that we were needed for the Eclipse project and that it was for the safety of the kindome.

" What in the heck are they talking about?" Natsu asked, confused.

" It seems I'm not the only one who thinks this idea is too dangerous and risky. " I explain.

" I'll say" Gray agreed with me from beside Wendy.

" If they go back and change the past.."

" Then the future and present will change aswell" (E/N) finished from Happy

" Quite a disturbing concept" Lilly agreed.

Minister Darton then ordered for Colonel Arkadous, Lucy and Yukino to be arrested for treason against the kindome.

" Say what?!" I yelled getting in front of Lucy to keep the soldiers away from arresting her for something she hadn't done. Gray was on the other side of Lucy, trying to help me in keeping her safe.

" But I haven't commented any crime!" Lucy yelled from behind me

Natsu then lighted his fist in fire and went to attack the soldiers.

" Natsu, no! If you use magic this close to the gate, you'll drain yourself of all your magic power!" I screamed at him, hoping he would stop and listen to me.
But it was too late, the gate had already started collecting his magic, draining him of energy.

"Natsu!" I yelled as he hit the floor with a thud. I held Natsu in my arms as the soldiers closed in around us.
______________________________

(Time skip)

All of us, minus Lucy, where now outside the palace.

"Poor Natsu" Happy sighed sadly looking at my unconscious brother who lay on the floor with his head resting on my lap.

I looked down sadly at my brother. Why does he always act before he thinks?

" Natsu, you idiot" I whispered as I brushed some of his spikey pink hair out of his closed eyes.

" You bastards " Gajeel growled at Minister Darton and the soldiers who stood behind him.

Minister Darton started talking on and on, so I just stopped listening after be said that the king was very fond of the Fairytail guild. My attention was on my still unconscious brother, laying in my arms.

" Lucy..." He muttered.

______________________________

(Time skip)

We were all now back at the guild where everyone was confused as to why Lucy had been arrested.

I was standing by Laxus, who had his arm around me.

" To think that she would be at fault in some top-secret plot is ridiculous" Master Makarov grumbled from his sitting position on the bar counter.

" Let me get this straight. We get the top spot, we can ask for her back. But only if his highness allows it!" Laxus says just as annoyed as I am at the whole situation.

" ARE WE JUST SUPPOSED TO PUT UP WITH THIS CRAP FROM THOSE JERKS, UNTIE ME AND I'LL GO UP THERE AND GET HER RIGHT NOW! " Natsu yelled. I just closed my eyes in frustration and lent back into Laxus' chest.

You see when Natsu woke up from having all his magic drainer, to stop him from storming the castle and getting himself put in jail for trying to get Lucy out, we had tied him up to keep him here and out of any trouble, he may get himself into.

" Just try to calm down and do what Master tells us" Wendy tries calming him down.

" Natsu, no violence. It would be us against the whole army" I sternly told him not bothering to open my eyes and look at him out of pure annoyance.

" Master?" Ezra asked him looking for the right course of action to take.

" Hmm, we can't afford to take reckless action against the kindome and they certainly wouldn't want word to spread that they've been mistreating innocent civilians. But I suppose that we should consider her a hostage, just until this Eclipse project of theirs is called off" Master Makarov explains to the entire guild.

Everyone went on to ask why they let us go if they didn't want their secret getting out but to be honest I was too tired to even bother listening. I just lent back more into Laxus' chest and felt his arms wrap around me making his coat cover me as well. We just stayed like that until Master Makarov let us go do our own thing.

______________________________

(Time skip)

I was extremely tired after all the events of today.

Everyone was still downstairs, figuring not the plan for tomorrow.

It being that Natsu, Wendy, Mira and the Exceeds will go and try and break Lucy out.
I wanted to go to but Master Makarov said it might be obvious what we were trying to do if both me and Natsu weren't there.

I'm now on the team to be fighting on the final day of the games.

I had just finished putting on my PJ's when I felt two familiar arms wrap around my waist.

" I should've made sure that you were ok after all this" Laxus whispered into my ear.

I turn around so I'm facing him.

" I'm fine, just frustrated and tired after everything that happened " I reassured him

I smile at him trying to convince him that I really was ok.

" Well if you're tired, then you should get to bed"

I giggled slightly when Laxus swept me off my feet and held me bridal style.

He lay down on my bed with me still in his arms and he used his coat as a blanket, to keep us warm.

"Go to sleep, (Y/N). You'll need your energy for tomorrow."

I snuggled further into his chest and I whispered

" I love you Laxus" and just as I was about to fall asleep I heard him reply.

" I love you too and I always will."

Hey guys. Super long chapter. Hope you guys liked it. If you are enjoying the book, please let me know by commenting and voting. I'll be updating next week. Bye guys.