Chapter 42

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Wendy managed to find a dragon spirit to talk to, using a new secret art she learned.

A giant circle of glowing light was floating in the air and the ground was shaking.

" Are you sure that's a dragon spirit?" Lily questioned looking up at the mass of green light and holding (E/N) closely

" Wendy?!" I asked from behind Natsu.

" Quiet, she's concentrating" Carla scolded me

Wendy looked like she was struggling to keep the spell going when a giant, green, ghost-like dragon appeared before us. Everyone started in shock and fear at the giant creature.

" What the hell" I whispered to myself

The dragon let out a humongous roar before fixing its gaze on us. Everyone yelled in fear and the dragon just laughed.

" Even in death, scaring the pants off humans is hilarious" The dragon continued laughing at us like we just told a super funny joke.

" My name is Zaconus ( no idea how to spell it, sorry)
They called me the Jade Dragon back in my day" Zaconus explained

" This looks like the work of the sky dragon Grandina. So which one of you was it? Aww, how adorable.  So it was this tiny dragon slayer who woke me ay? " Zacouns' head leaned down to get a better look at Wendy

Natsu and I leapt forward to defend Wendy from the strange dragon we literally just met.

" Back off creep, don't even think about touching her" I yelled at the dragon

Zaconus' attention went from Wendy to me in an instant.

" my my, what fiery thing you are. If I could actually touch you, I would eat you up in an instant. Fiery women are always the tastiest. " Zaconus went to grab me but in a flash, Natsu was standing in the way.

" You touch her, and your dead" He threatened

" and he's back to overprotective brother mode" I heard Lucy comment behind me. 

I sweatdropped at how idiotic my brother was being.

" Natsu, he already is dead, you can't kill him twice and he's just a ghost. He can't even touch me even if he wanted to." I say with my arms crossed. 

Zaconus laughed at us again.

"Well, I can defiantly tell who the smart sibling is" He laughed and so did everyone else minus Wendy and Natsu who was not impressed at Zaconus' joke.

" What did he just call me" Natsu growled as everyone was still giggling a little. He shot us a look and we all shut up but when he turned back around we all starting giggling again but more quiet so he wouldn't hear.

Once we all stopped giggling we got to the point of why we even summoned this guy in the first place.

" Can you tell us what happens here?" Carla asked

" We were wondering why there are so many dragon bones lying around?" Happy asked next

"Learning their fate was the reason we decided to summon you in the first place," Lily told Zaconus

" I have no interest in talking to you humans" Zaconus refused

" What about cats?" I asked pointing to the exceeds

I think he had no problems talking to cats because he imminently starting talking about what happened.

Apparently, dragons ruled the earth about 400 years ago and one of the dragons suggested that dragons lived with humans instead of just eating them. A huge war broke out over it and it turns out that Zaconus was on the disagreeing side.

" So does that mean, you're against humans?" Lucy asked scared

" Well, I'm not fond of your kind unless your properly cooked, medium rare of course " It was like he took pleasure in eating humans. I'm so glad this guy is dead and not alive or all of us would probably be dead right about now.

Natsu then whispered something funny in my ear and we both started sniggering

" what's so funny, you two?" Zaconus asked looking directly at my brother and I

" Didn't your parents ever tell you not to talk to your food?" Natsu repeated the joke he told me and both of us began laughing again.

" Hey! Show some respect for the dead!" Zaconus yelled at us offended, but we just kept laughing.

" Anyway, you were starting to tell us about your civil war" (E/N) interrupted trying to get back on track.

Zaconus then went back to his war story

" Both sides were evenly matched, the fighting was so brutal that entire continents were left beaten and scared. Until finally the dragons who were with the idea of living with humans came up with a plan that doomed us all. They granted humans what has come to be known as dragon slayer magic, and with this new power in hand, mankind then joined the war." He explained

Cool. So that's how dragons slayers came to exist.

" the dragon slayers immense power quickly turned the tides on the war, we were so overwhelmed that victory seemed certain for the dragons on the other side. But no one could predict the travesty that would come to pass. The dragon slayers grew so powerful that they then turned on the dragons that had given them their strength" Zaconus continued

The new information left everyone in a state of shock.   No one said anything so Zaconus continued with his story on dragons slayers.

" It was a manicure. There was one man who's power was so terrible, he bathed the countryside in the blood of my kin."

" the very mention of his name still scares me. This man slew countless dragons and soaked in their blood. He used his powers so often that his skin turned to scales, his teeth sharpened into fangs and he stopped being human altogether"

"Wait wait wait, so you're saying this guy used his powers so much, he turned into a dragon ?" I asked in surprise.

" That us the fate that awaits all  thoughts who practice dragon slayer magic," Zanconus tells us

No way. One day I'm going to turn into a dragon. Ok yeah, i will admit it would be cool but only for a while not forever.

" All the bones you see here, belong to the victims of that monster. Despite his human origins, he became the king of all dragon kind and the war he air raised to became known as the dragon king festival."
The next words to leave Zanonus' mouth made a shiver go down my spine and made me freeze on the spot. Terrified

" His name was Acnologia"