Chapter 53

Third-person P.O.V

(Y/N) was furious. She hated it when people asked her to sit out of a fight. She hated it because she believed, it meant they didn't think she was strong enough, that they thought she was weak.

(Y/N) and Laxus were standing in front of each other, a little away from everyone else.

Laxus was looking down at the floor in guilt while (Y/N) glared at him. Practically everyone in Fairytail knew how much she hated being asked to sit out and what was worse, the fact that he got Erza to it instead of being honest with her.

"Well, say something!" ( Y/ N ) growls

Laxus glanced up at his girlfriend but quickly averted his eyes when he saw how intense her glare was.

"What do you want me to say?" Laxus asked timidly as if the slightest wrong move and the angry girl glaring at him would explode in a fit of rage.

"Hm, I don't know. How about why you think I shouldn't fight?, or why you sent Erza instead of doing it yourself?! What? Think I can't handle myself against a dragon, think I'm too weak to live up to the title of 'dragon slayer'? Tell me Laxus! Why?!" (Y/N)
yelled walking up to her boyfriend tears threatening to spill but she held them back wanting to look strong.

By this point, everyone in the centre plaza was watching them. Some with worried looks, some with sympathetic for the blond on the end of (Y/N)'s screaming. Some even had amused looks and were trying to keep in laughter at the fact that Laxus always acted tough but the second his beloved girlfriend starts yelling at him, he looks like a child who was being scolded for disobeying their parents. But his quilty look turned into an angry one before he yelled

"Why? Because I love you that's why! Because I don't want anything to happen to you. I asked Erza to ask you instead of doing it myself because I thought you might actually listen to her, more then you would have if I had asked you! Ok, I don't want you getting hurt or worse killed!"

(Y/N) let a single tear fall but quickly wiped it away before anyone saw. But Laxus did and his sudden burst of anger disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

"I'm so sorry babe. Sorry for loving you and trying to keep you safe! "

Before (Y/N) could say anything back a giant roar ripped through the air.

The dragons were here!

Suddenly gigantic proportions of fire landed on the ground. The fire looked like feet and claws. It was a dragon completely made out of the fire!

" It's huge!" Someone yelled

"This can't be real!"

"Oh, it's real alright!" (Y / N) Yelled

"Let's take it down!"  ordered Gramps

At the say of their master, Fairytail charged at the fire dragon.

The dragon fired a blast at them sending everyone flying backwards.

Laxus wrapped his arm around (Y/N) in an attempt to keep her on her feet but she just pushed his arm away and charged at the dragon again.

"You don't scare me, come and fight you giant lizard!"She screamed lighting her fists on fire and tried to attack the dragon.

" That magic. I know it anywhere. You one of Igneel's dragonslayers." The dragon said astonished

At the word 'Igneel' (Y/N) lost her focus and stood frozen, staring at the dragon. Her fire now extinguished.

" You know Igneel?" She asked in a whisper that not very many people heard.

"He is the king of the fire dragons and since you are one of his children I will not harm you or your brother. But I can't say much for your friends." The dragon replied

"Igneel's the king of fire dragons?"Gajeel asked no one in particular

" but if Igneel's a king and (Y/N) and Natsu are like his kids, then.." Gray trailed off

  " that makes (Y/N) a princess," Droy said looking astonished

Everyone looked at the women they once all knew as a little girl. But wasn't anymore. She was now a woman.

(Y/N)..
Igneel, king of the fire dragon's daughter.

Natsu's little sister...

Princess of the fire dragons.

A warrior princess