Chapter 51

(Time skip)

( Y / N ) ' s  P.O.V

After the games had completely ended the king on Fiore had ordered everyone to gather in the centre of the city for some unknown reason.

" thank you all for coming. I hate to spoil the mood after the splendid display of wizardry we've seen today but, I'm afraid that Fiore's heat may soon be in the claws of a dragon hord" The king announced seriously

Everyone looked surprised and slightly afraid. Mater Makarov, who was beside me, decided to speak up.

" I thought Acnologia was the only one?"

Acnologia. Even the name of that monster still makes me boil with anger. That thing is the reason why half my guildmates and I had to spend 7 years in misery, after what he did to Tenro island and everyone on it.

Everyone had started murmuring about the dragons and what might happen but I wasn't listening to any of it. If among this dragon hard Acnologia shows his ugly face, he better be ready because he's the first one I'm fighting. No matter what anyone says. 

Laxus, who was standing next to me, could see the pure hatred on my face after the mention of Acnologia. He put his hand on my shoulder and whispered.

" Calm down, we don't want this entire place to go up in flames"

I was confused as to what he meant but when I looked down at my hands, they were indeed surrounded by flames. I quickly extinguished than before anyone saw and paid attention to the king again. Laxus' hand hadn't moved from my shoulder. I'm glad though, it kept me calm. I think that's why he kept it there.

"  As we speak, a large scale counteroffensive is on the way at the castle. The Eclipse Cannon " The king said

That made everyone gasp in shock.

" We will use it to wipe out all of the attacking dragons, all 10,000 of them all of them at once" The king explained

"All of them at once, is that even possible?" I asked no one in particular

No one answered me because the king started begging the guild wizards to help slay the 100 dragons that would survive the blast.

For a second everyone was quiet, you could hear a pin drop. But then everyone, including me, yelled out at once saying they would help. The king started crying in relief that we would help. 

I walked up to one of the palace guards, hoping to find out where my brother and the others got to.

"Excuse me, some of our guildmates were captured by the royal army but we kinda need them to help out. Do you know where they are?" I asked the guard

"They're safe. I was informed the recently joined princess Hisui at the gate" the guard answered me

" Thank you, do you know if anyone is hurt?" I asked again

" From what I've heard no one is seriously hurt but they were fighting the rune nights just before" He answered again

I nod and smile in thanks at the guard and he left to go back to patrolling or whatever.

Laxus came up behind me and I turned to face him. He had his signature smirk on his face.

"See, I told they were ok."

I gave him a 'really' look at which he just chuckled.

"They may be ok but I'm still yelling at each and every one of them for making me worry so much" I fired back crossing my arms I'm an annoyance

Laxus continues to laugh and pulled me into his chest.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you, when you're mad you can be worse then Erza." He laughed and it made me laugh a little as well.

Laxus then just stood staring at me.

" What's the matter?" I asked

He smirked, " I never got my victory kiss after the games did I?"

I smirked at him and went up on my tiptoes while he leant down and kissed me.