Chapter 38

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Natsu and I are now off the field after a long but entertaining fight against Sabertooth's twin dragons, Sting and Rogue. It took us a while but we came out victorious and now Fairytail is in the first place.

Happy gave Natsu a high five while (E/N) gave me a hug.

" Way to go, you guys!" Happy yelled

" You were awesome!" (E/N) complimented us

I just hugged (E/N) even tighter and giggled at how hyper they and Natsu were acting.

"Let's go tell Lucy that Fairytail is back on top" Natsu suggested as Gray came up to us, his hands in his pockets like he hadn't a care in the world.

(Third Person P.O.V)

" That was pretty frigging awesome you guys," Gray told the two siblings, smiling

" Thanks, that was fun" (Y/N) said back as Erza came up behind them.

She put her hands on their shoulders gently.

" What you did today deserves genuine praise. Your really something else, you two" She complimented them.

" uh, you think," Natsu asked turning his head to face the red-haired girl.

Ezra said a simple yes and pulled both of them into one of her painful hugs. Ouch!.

" AH, THAT HURT!" Natsu and (Y/N) yelled in sync as their heads hit Erza's armour.

Lily then came up to us and as expected  (E/N) ran straight to him giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek to which Lily's black fur turned a shade pink. Awww.

" I applaud your victory, but do any of you know where Gajeel went?" Lily asked holding (E/N)'s paw in his own.

" I haven't seen him since before the fight, I'm sure he'll turn up" (Y/N) reassured him making him smile but his face still held worry for his friend.

" Be sure to remember that tomorrow is a day of rest, and then it's on to the final round" Erza reminded them. 

" I can't wait for that, we're going to be number one in  Fiore again in no time" Gray added happy that Fairytail was going to be back on top again like before the S-class trials.

" And when that's done, I'll fight both you turkeys for the number one spot in the guild" Natsu challenged pointing at Gray and  Erza.

Ezra laughed slightly while Gray just smiled

" I'll be ready," Erza said

"Let's just get passed these games first, plus it's not just us  you need to fight for the number one spot," Gray said to Natsu

That made Natsu confused.

" What are you talking about ?" Natsu asked genuinely confused

Gray and Erza smiled at the pink-haired dragon slayer.

" to get the top spot as strongest in the guild you'll have to fight a number of people, like Mira, Master, Laxus..." Ezra was interrupted by Natsu grinning happily

" Oh beating Laxus will be a piece of cake. Besides, I've got to show him what will happen if he messes with my sister" Natsu said lighting his fists in flames to prove his point.

" But not only them you idiot, but you've also got to fight the one person who may share the same strength as you" Gray stopped Natsu who instantly went back to being confused.

" Who?" He asked bluntly.

Gray and Erza both looked over at (Y/N) who was knelt down on the floor hugging Happy and (E/N) while Lily had run off somewhere. Probably to find Gajeel.

Natsu's head turned to where they were looking.

" Happy and (E/N)?" Natsu asked confused.

Both Erza and Gray sweatdropped at this.

" No not them. (Y/N). She just likes you Natsu, even with your differences but she's a lot more like you then you think. Even when she was younger. " Erza told a confused looking Natsu who wasn't so confused anyone but more of shocked.

" Yeah, just less of an idiot and thinks before she heads straight into a fight" Gray teased. But Natsu for the first time he met Gray, ignored his comment and was looking at his little sister as she played with Happy and (E/N).

Her smile reminded Natsu of when she was young, always smiling and hyper.
(Flashback)

Natsu was about to walk back into the living room quietly after putting a 7-year-old (Y/N) to bed. But was stopped when a tiny hand reached out from under the blankets and grabbed his wrist stopping Natsu in his steps.

He turned around to face his little sister

" Hey, something wrong?" he asked her

(Y/N) frowned up at him sleepily.

" Natsu. You won't leave me right as dad did? And you'll always be there to protect me right?" She questioned her older brother.

Natsu sat down on the edge of her bed and held her little hand in his.

" Hey, I'm not going anywhere ok,  I'll always protect you, (Y/N). Even when your all grown up and can take care of yourself, I'll still protect you. I promise " Natsu promised her.

(End of flashback)

Natsu smiled at the memory.

" I'll always protect you" he thought still looking at his sister.
______________________________