― iii. here lies, the boy-who-got-sloshed

𝓗𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝓛𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝓑𝐨𝐲-𝐰𝐡𝐨-𝐠𝐨𝐭-𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝

𝓗𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝓛𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐭𝐡
𝐞 𝓑𝐨𝐲-𝐰𝐡𝐨-𝐠𝐨𝐭-𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sullen-faced the following morning, toying at their plates of breakfast. Mr Weasley had left for work, and Mrs Weasley was upstairs waking Ginny when Fred and George entered the kitchen.

"Harry! Hermione!" George greeted with a bright smile. "And aaaah, we can't forget our Ickle Ronniekins." He grinned and swiped a slice of buttered toast off of his younger brother's plate. 

Ron, however, didn't so much as blink, let alone shoot him the usual hand gesture that was reserved for the twins. Instead, he peered up at Fred, who was rubbing his face with his palms, appearing uncharacteristically tired. 

Fred poured himself a cup of coffee at the counter and glanced up from his mug. "What?" he said, quirking a brow as he was met with the stares of the younger three.  

"Nothing," Hermione chirped, awkwardly brushing a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "Nothing, we just — um — you seem — er — tired, is all."

"Freddie's just hungover." George snickered. "We had a few bevvies last night with Lee at the Leaky Cauldron, and Tom's rather generous with the brandy."

"Oh, right," said Hermione, voice slightly higher than usual. "Right...so — um — what are you guys doing here? Shouldn't you be at the shop?"

"We came to pick up Lyn," George explained. "Thought she'd be up by now..." he said, eyes drifting around the room in search of any evidence that Edelyn had been in the kitchen. The olive-coloured ceramic mug she usually used for her morning cup of coffee, however, was still stowed away in the cupboard and her usual seat was now occupied by Hermione. 

"She's still in bed," came Mrs Weasley's voice, and they all turned their heads to see her amble back into the kitchen with a sluggish Ginny trudging along behind her. "And don't you two go waking her up," she scorned at the twins. "It'll do her good to have some rest; she hasn't slept for this long in ages."

"Yeah, well, must have gotten something off her chest," Harry blurted in a disgruntled mumble. 

The words had rolled off his tongue before he could give them much thought, and he flinched as Hermione kicked him in the shin from under the table and shot him a look of deep disdain. Ron sunk deeper into his chair and George knitted his brow in confusion. Fred, meanwhile, blinked at him, and after a moment's thought, narrowed his eyes and frowned.

"You snooping prats!" he accused, folding his arms as he spoke, "That was a private conversation!" 

Though she hadn't the slightest idea what was going on, Ginny couldn't help but snort at Fred's last remark. "As if you'd know anything about privacy," she jeered with a roll of her eyes.