― vi. say hi to auntie bella

𝓢𝐚𝐲 𝓗𝐢 𝐭𝐨 𝓐𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐞 𝓑𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚

The following afternoon, Edelyn was restocking a shelf of Bang Bang Boggart Bangers and Bombastic Bombs when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she was greeted by the sight of George grinning goofily down at her.

"To what do I owe this pleasure, fine gentleman?"

"Oh, nothing much," he spoke coolly, "just that your boyfriend's here."

Edelyn blinked. "Huh?"

"Your Chosen One, of course." George wiggled his eyebrows and pinched her cheek. "You're such an adorable silly lovebird." 

Edelyn slapped his hand away. "What are you talking about?" 

"Don't play daft, Lynster. Ron's told us all about a certain kiss that took place late last night—" He pulled his eyes heavenward and swayed his hips from side-to-side. "—under the romantic  glow of starlight." 

Edelyn spluttered. "It — it was a just peck on the cheek!" she protested, but George waved dismissively and continued, "Now, I must go find dear Freddie to discuss how we are to deliver our we-will-murder-you-if-you-touch-her speech."

"George!" She slapped his arm. "It was a peck. A peck. I've given Ron pecks on the cheek...There's nothing to it!"

"Then why are you being so defensive?"

"I'm not — I — oh!" Edelyn huffed. She stamped her foot down, and then an idea came to her mind. Her lips curled mischievously and she drummed her fingers against her chin.

"Tell me, George, how's Verity this morning? I'm sure I can convince her to give you a peck on the cheek. In fact, why don't I just—"

George's ears grew scarlet and he quickly grasped Edelyn's shirt. 

"Don't you dare," he growled.

"Then get it into your thick skull," she said, flicking his brow, "that it was just a platonic peck on the cheek."

"Oh, alright, fine," George sighed in defeat, "but...I demand a child get named after me."

"GEORGE!

George raised his palms in surrender. "Just in case that platonic friendship of yours becomes more...intimate."

Edelyn scowled. She stormed away, a box of fireworks held close to her chest, and cussed beneath her breath. 

After making her way to the back of the store to put down the box of explosives, she returned to the front of the shop and found Fred guiding Harry, Ron, and Hermione toward the shelves of WonderWitch products.