― 18 | LOVERS' QUARREL

"OKAY, JUST ONE MORE, LYN," Luna said, crouched down in front of the sofa in Shell Cottage's living room, a pair of tweezers held between her fingers

"OKAY, JUST ONE MORE, LYN," Luna said, crouched down in front of the sofa in Shell Cottage's living room, a pair of tweezers held between her fingers. "You ready?"

Edelyn grimaced and shifted in her seat, eyes flickering over the small bucket of glass shards which sat at Luna's feet. They had been at it for an hour and Edelyn's skin was burning, flesh raw under fire, body littered with cuts and scrapes from the broken chandelier. "No?"

Luna gave her a sympathetic smile. "It'll be over soon. I just have to get this one out, then you can drink the Healing Potion." As Edelyn continued to frown, she coaxed, "We'll do it on three, alright?"

Edelyn sipped a shaky breath and was about to nod when Ron suddenly reached down and pulled the last piece of glass from out her shin with his bare hands.

"Agh!" she cried out in mingled surprise and pain, fingernails digging into the cushion and body keening over as droplets of blood seeped down her leg.

Luna frowned at Ron. "That wasn't very nice," she reproached, but he simply shrugged, tossing the large crystal fragment into the bucket with a soft clink. "It's out now, ain't it? No point in drawing it out."

"But it's glass, you git." Edelyn slapped his arm, blinking away the tears that brimmed her eyes. "It hurt."

"You've broken bones in Quidditch before," he retorted. "Stop being such a wimp. It's just a few scratches."

Edelyn quirked an eyebrow. "Luna, pass me the bucket."

"Wait — what are you—?" he spluttered.

"If you think I'm being such a wimp," Edelyn glowered, "let's dump some glass onto you and see how you like it. It'll just be a few scratches anyways, right Ronniekins?"

Ron threw his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry I said that."

"Here, Lyn, this will help," Luna said, offering Edelyn a glass of thick, violet liquid.

"Thanks," Edelyn muttered, sniffing the potion and wrinkling her nose; it smelt grossly like fried fish mashed with Banoffee pie, and unfortunately, didn't taste much different. But as soon the liquid ran down her throat, the burning pain faded away and her skin began to heal over.

"Luna?" Fleur appeared in the doorway. "Do you mind giving me a hand?"

As Luna went upstairs to help Fleur with setting up the guestrooms, Edelyn turned to Ron and gave him a hard poke.

"Ow!" He flinched, rubbing his sore shoulder. "What the bloody hell was that for?"

"What the bloody hell is this for?" She waved her hand at him. "You've been a complete prick for the past hour."

"What in Merlin are you talking about?"

"Oh, don't act daft." Edelyn folded her arms and huffed in annoyance. "You were all hugs and kisses earlier, but ever since we've come back in, your mood has become grouchier and grouchier towards me. What's your deal?"