Chapter 52

Chapter 52

“You.” The utter venom coming from the tiny, angelic female, in males clothing, surprised both Artair and Aonghus. They barely managed to catch a hold of her as she went to lunge towards Janetta, who was shooting glares of a most intense nature in their direction. As she watched the twins grab a hold of Sheena, she tossed her hair over her shoulder, and sneered. The expression turning her outwardly beautiful face into one showing her true inner nature.

The little hellcat in their arms was fighting for freedom, as they tried to keep her contained without hurting her in anyway. When she calmed a little, they did not release their grip, not falling for that trick, but looked a little wary between the two women. Wondering what the history was between these two women. “How dare you come back here? Did I not give you enough warning last time?” Sheena practically spat at the other woman, and almost managed to rip free of the grips upon her when Janetta gave her a derogatory once over, before standing with graceful poise.

A little trilling laugh released as she finally spoke. “Poor little Sheena. Did you really think I was scared of you? You have no power over me, in fact, it was me who had the power over you, and you know it.” A gleam appeared in her eye, the devil within her coming to the fore. “Did you never wonder who it was who gave Grant the idea that your dear, little, innocent brother, should earn his keep learning the ways of war?”

The twins were shocked at Janetta, but knew that Sheena’s worry and grief was raw and painful at that moment. They shared a glance, and released Sheena, just as the woman tried to rip free of their grip once more. She may regret this later, her actions coming from an intense reaction to the woman before her, but it would certainly be a tale to tell that would please all who had come into contact with Janetta in recent days. Sheena’s surprise at finding herself released was in fact only momentary, taking the advantage and using it as only someone who had to live on the edge did. Janetta on the other hand only had time to widen her eyes and try to step backwards before Sheena launched herself across the small space of the tent.

A high pitched screech coming from Janetta as Sheena smashed into her, tumbling them both to the ground. The twins barely followed the movement, and it was over in mere seconds. Janetta shrieking when stomach down upon the floor, Sheena straddling her back as she pulled back on Janetta’s hair, growling in her ear, words that were too low to fully make out from their position by the entrance.

Aonghus was the first to move, realising that if they did not intervene then something may happen that would be regretted. With a quick move, he took Sheena by surprise, gripping her by the biceps and in one move, pulling her up and away from her prisoner. Smirking at Artair as he was the one who had to deal with a shrieking Janetta, who had clutched the back of her head. Yelling profanities at all present. That was when he noticed the clumps of hair held securely in Sheena’s grasp, even as she flailed trying to find release to attack her prey once more. “Let me go.” The growl sent a shock through his system, he had never met a girl like her, and everything she did was captivating him.