diners & detention

You sat in English class, staring out of the window and winding your gum around the top of your pen then unwinding it. You were in daydream, vaguely hearing what your teacher, Mr Harvey was saying.

"Y/N!" Mr Harvey snapped at you. "GUM!" He pointed at the bin.

You roll your eyes and climb over the desk.

"Don't stand on my desk! I don't want it to get dirty." He said, watching you walk over to the bin.

"It nothing worse than what you and Miss Brandy do after school." You sassed, feeling very proud of your comeback. Mr Harvey stood there shocked and embarrassed.

The whole class sniggered but the boy who sat behind you laughed out loud. His name was Finn Wolfhard.

"You think it's funny, Wolfhard?" Mr Harvey shouted across the room as you spat your gum in the bin.

"Uh yes." Finn coughed and you smiled at him from behind Mr Harvey.

"Well you'll be joining y/n after school for a detention." Mr Harvey said, pulling out his notebook and beginning to write a detention slip.

"What?!" You shouted. "I have to get the bus home!"

"To bad." Mr Harvey smirked. He walked away and you give him the finger. (🖕)

-end of the day-

You leaned on the lockers outside Mr Harvey's room, waiting for them to show up.

Eventually they both arrived at the same time.

"Take a seat." Mr Harvey said. You sit in your usual seat. "Do some homework."

You pull out your physics homework and begin writing.

About half an hour later, Mr Harvey announced he had to go and you must stay until it had been an hour.

"I wonder where he is going." You heard Finn say from behind you.

"Probably going to Miss Brandy's class." You winked at him and he shivered.

You got up and grabbed your backpack.

"W-Where are you going?" He stuttered. Your heart melts, he was adorable.

"We." You corrected him. "Are going to get milkshakes."

"I don't think we should leave." Finn said looking around.

"Screw it." You flicked your hair and left the class. You heard footsteps running after you.

You and Finn went to the Diner opposite your school and a few people were there. You sat in a booth by the window.

"What can I get you?" The waitress said, getting ready to write on her notebook.

"I'll have an Oreo milkshake, please." Finn said, scanning the menu.

"I'll have a strawberry milkshake and a basket of fries to share." You said.

After you and Finn had drank your milkshakes and eaten your fries, you were giggling and talking.

"Can I tell you something?" Finn said.

"Of course." You replied.

"I like you." Finn quickly said.

"What?" You said.

"Shit, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything." He said getting up.

"No, no, wait. You like me?" You smiled.

"Yeah." He hung his head.

"I like you too." You admitted.

"Y/n.. do you want to be my girlfriend?" Finn asked.

"Of course I do!" You squealed.

a/n: im imagining this in the riverdale diner and high school lol