abuse

⚠️abuse warning⚠️
— this is heavy so please don't read if mention of abuse and alcohol triggers you

i sat on the sofa, staring at the blank white wall and picking my nails. i tapped my foot on the wooden floorboard, my heart beating like a drum.

eventually i heard the front door slam open. i sighed and rose from my seat. "y/n!" i heard my boyfriend jake shout. i was ready for what was going to happen.

i gulped. "coming, hunny." making my way into the hallway. the strong smell of whisky burned in my nose.

jake could barely keep himself up without clutching the wall. he looked at me with disgust.

"you're drunk!" i shook with nerves.

"i'm fucking not!" he slammed his fist against the wall making me jump.

"you are." i quietly said under my breath.

he grabbed my hair, "DONT YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME!" jake punched me in the eye and i felt my tears burning down my face.

"you're a bitch, y/n." he slapped my across the face and i felt it turning scarlett.

jake stumbled out of the hallway and into the kitchen. i bolted to the front door and locked it so he wouldn't be able to leave.

i had nobody! my best friend, finn and i had lost contact because he didn't like jake, he had no idea what jake was doing to me. he had no reason to, jake hid it well.

i wanted finn, i stumbled to his home. praying that he would be there.

~~~

i weakly knocked on the door, only being able to see out of one eye.

i saw the door slowly open, and finn standing there. "y/n?" he gasped. "what the fuck happened?"

"jake." i squeak.

"i knew it."

"thanks for the 'i told you so'" i giggled slightly, trying to lighten the mood.

"sorry, come in." finn opened the door wider and helped me in and to the sofa.

he ran a bowl of warm water and made me a cup of tea. i smiled as i watched him.

"so what did he do this time?" he dabbed my bloody face with a warm cloth.

i flinched as it touched my wounds. "huh?"

"well i'm guessing this isn't the first time, y/n. i've seen you and him, i know what he's like. you're good at hiding it that's why nothings happened."

i nodded my head, he was right. "he got drunk. again. it's my fault, i was being ru-."

finn stopped me. "don't you dare, y/n! this is not your fault. i will do anything i can to make sure that bastard never touches you again!" he sounded angry.

i smiled. "thank you so much, finn."

FINNS POV

y/n had fallen asleep on the sofa. i put a blanket over her and moved a strand of hair out of her face. i looked over at the phone on my coffee table.

i picked it up and began dialling 911. i went into kitchen and sat the table.

"911, what service do you require?" the operator said.

"um.. police please."

"okay, what is your emergency?"

"my friends boyfriend has just beaten her. i need officers to go to his house and arrest him."

"what is the address?"

"224 meadow walk."

"okay, i'm sending an officer there now."

"thank you so much."

i hang up the phone.

"finn?" i heard y/n croak behind me. she looked so tired, my heart ached for her. "who were you talking to?"

"uh.. the police."

"the police? why?"

"to make sure the asshole never lays a finger on you again."

"finn." she squeaked, smiling. i pulled her into a hug.

"i'll make sure nothing ever hurts you again." i said into her hair.