cruise ship

a/n: i was meant to be going on a cruise next week and that's not happening anymore :(

me, my mom and my sister, lola all waited in a line to board the cruise ship. my dad had left my mom a few months ago, so we booked this 'girly' holiday to take our minds off it.

"you excited, girls?" my mom put her arms around us, clutching all of the passports. i nodded to please her.

"no! this doesn't feel right without dad!" lola sighed looking up at the big cruise ship that was next to us.

"what do you want me to do, lola?" my mom snapped at her. they begin arguing, i swung my head and saw the most beautiful boy with curly brown hair.

he waved and i awkwardly waved back.

"hi." i mouthed.

"hey." he mouthed back.

we both smiled at each other for a while until suddenly i felt my mom pulling me. "come on, y/n! stop daydreaming!"

"mom!" i hissed. i waved 'goodbye' at him and he laughed, waving back.

we boarded the ship and were told our rooms were already ready to go into. we were all squeezed into one cabin as we were on a budget.

"dibs." lola threw her self onto one of the single beds and evilly laughed.

"mom, where am i meant to sleep?" i looked at her.

she then pulled down a bunkbed from the wall that hung above mom and lolas beds.

{i'll insert a photo if you don't know what i mean}

lola began fits of laughter. "make sure you don't fall off, y/n!" she patted my shoulder and i pushed her onto the bed.

"STOP!" my mom broke us apart. "go explore the ship whilst i unpack."

we grabbed the room key and i pulled on my slip on vans. as we walked down the corridor, i could not stop thinking about the boy.

me and lola took the elevator up to the floor where the pool and bars were. the heat hit us as the elevator doors opened. we heard kids squealing and music playing.

"oh the pool!" lola said excitedly.

"but i didn't bring my bikini!" i pulled her arm.

"well i did! see ya!" she patted my cheek gently and i frowned at her, watching her take her beach dress off and jump into the pool.

i headed over the bar which was by the pool. "could i have a-."

"i'll have two strawberry slushies please."

i looked next to me. it was the fucking boy from earlier.

"come on, the slushies are so good here!" he said, he grabbed the slushies from the side and i followed him to a table.

"so, what's your name?" he slurped his slushie and pushed his hair out of his face.

"oh, i'm y/n. how about you?"

"finn." he smiled at me. "that's a beautiful name."

i laughed slightly. "thank you."

"you're beautiful too."

i tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and blushed.

we chatted for a while as the sun set.

suddenly lola came up to me. "Y/N!" she looked at finn. "come on, moms probably wondering where we are."

"okay, i'll be there in a minute. just wait over there." i waved her away as i quickly wrote my number down on a napkin and handed it to finn.

he smiled as i ran off with lola.

a/n: i miss my cruise i was meant to be going on 😔