26. Animals

Chapter Twenty-six: Animals

I woke up and Niall was still asleep, but his back was turned to me, so I got up and had a quick shower washing my hair, which was actually what I wanted to do last night, and doing my hair. I think we should go to the Zoo today, I think that would be fun. I blow dry my hair and straighten it, for a bit of change, I don’t think Niall has seen me with straight hair, so it will be a nice surprise. I walk out into my room in my towel to find Niall sitting up in bed on his laptop.

“What are you doing?” I asked curiously, going through all my clothes. I decided to put on some high waisted shorts and a black button-up three quarter length shirt. Not bad.

“I’m on twitter, what are we doing today?”

“Want to go to the Zoo?”

“Oh are there Koala’s?”

“Of course!”

“I’m in!”

“Get dressed, I’ll go ask Harry and Britt if they want to come.

“Hey Meg.”

“Yep!”

“You look beautiful today.” He smiled.

“Thank you sweet heart.” I leaned over putting one knee on the bed to reach him in the middle, when he slides his laptop across and pulls my other leg that’s on the floor so I have one knee on either side of him with my hands holding me up on either side as well. So he can kiss me. ‘A real kiss or no kiss.’ I remember him saying on the island.

I asked Harry and Britt if they wanted to come, and they were excited to, we haven’t been in so long. Britt literally jumped out of bed forgetting she was only in her underwear, but it’s nothing I haven’t seen before, the amount of times we’ve accidentally walked in on each other is funny, so we’re just so used to it now we don’t even care. That’s best friends for you!

“Oi stop staring she’s mine!” Harry joked as I walked out of the room, like I had eyes on the back of my head or something. When I got back Niall was in the shower so I just made the bed and started making breakfast. I decided to make breakfast wraps. I scrambled up some eggs and chopped up some tomato and lettuce and bacon.

“My egg BLT wrap to go!” I said handing them out. I pressed them in the sandwich press so that they wouldn’t come undone. We all jumped in my car, Niall and I in the front and Harry and Britt in the back. We stopped at a Servo (Petrol station) for petrol and I got everyone an Iced coffee on my sparkling new credit card. I promised myself I wouldn’t use it unless I had to, but I think we could all use a nice coffee to go with this wrap.

We got to the zoo and Harry and Niall went first, and conveniently a One Direction fan was the person who sold them to us and asked for an autograph from all four of us. We didn’t even end up paying because her manager asked what the hold-up was and recognised Niall, Harry and I straight away, claiming he saw Niall and I on tv and Harry was all over his daughters room. So he ended up asking for our autographs too.

For people who earn so much, they don’t have to pay for much. But I’m not complaining, a free trip to the Zoo! Niall and Harry hadn’t seen half these animals before so they had loads of fun, who’s to say we’re too old for the zoo? We even went to see the Pandas before lunch, which we had at a Cafeteria thing not far away from it. The Panda’s were Called Wang-Wang and Funi, I think they changed Wang-Wang’s name because people made fun of it, but he will always be Wang-Wang to me.

We got to my second favourite part of the Zoo; the nocturnal’s. It’s in this big dark room, and my favourite part is finding the animals in their habitats in the dark. I could tell someone was behind me, I could feel it. I could feel their breath on my neck through my hair, giving me goose bumps. A big hand came from behind me, and wrapped itself around my mouth and another holding my arms down so I couldn’t hit or run away. I could smell Niall’s deodorant, it gave him away. He whispered in my ear.

“Last night I couldn’t sleep, so I went outside and looked up at the stars, for each star, I gave a reason why I loved you. I was doing great, until I ran out of stars.” That sent shivers running through me, there’s nothing I love more than Niall kissing my neck, and he was so close. He let go of my mouth, pulling my hair so my neck was bare. I could feel his breath coming closer. His lips finally came down on my neck, slowly moving up until he reaches my jawline, sending shivers all through me.

When he stopped he grabbed my hand and followed Harry and Britt out to the next exhibit. The Hippo’s, and it absolutely stinks here. But Niall seems to be amused by when they half submerge themselves in the water. Next we moved onto the baby hippos. Which were just cuter, versions of the already fat mummy hippo.

At the very end of the day, when we had finished looking at the baboons asses and the orang-utans and lions we finally moved onto the “Kiddy” Section. We bought some food for the animals and we fed the goats and the sheep and the Llama out the front. Niall even insisted we go fishing for tadpoles. I didn’t even think that part was there anymore.

When we finally got home I was knackered. But that’s when it hit me. I only had one day left with Niall before he went away. We went through a KFC drive through quickly on the way home and each took our food immediately to our rooms because we were so tired we just wanted to watch tv in bed and eat. I cuddled up to Niall not wanting to let go.

“I don’t want you to leave tomorrow night.” I almost started crying, I was going to miss Niall so badly.

“I know baby, neither do I. I’m going to miss you so bad, but we can video call every day and I’ll call you to say goodnight every night I promise. I’ll even come back if we have any space between towns.”

“Okay sweet heart. Just call me when you miss me?”

“If I did that I would never be off the phone.”

“Fine by me!” Niall kissed me on the forehead, leaving the greasy chicken fat mark on it. So I wiped it off. “Don’t forget about me.”

“I could never do that!”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” I changed the channel to some movie that was on, and we cuddled up to watch that and I fell asleep in his arms with the KFC still on the bed.