37

UPDATE! 💖
248 IN FANFICTION! 💖💖💖💖
Vote goal 150??😭💕

The following chapter may not be suitable for people who are sensitive to topics like homophobia and related hate crimes. This chapter is only a sad reflection of how real hate crimes against lgbtq are, mildly inspired from true events. Please breathe in and out about 100 times before reading.

"What.." Yoongi breathed out.
Jungkook sank onto the floor and cried clutching his heart.
"Jungkook-ah.." Jin sat in front of him.
"No! They killed him... And I couldn't stop it. I couldn't stop any of it. " Jungkook leaned his head back on the door and closed his eyes. His body tossing as if in excruciating pain.
"What happened, Jungkook.." Jin gulped as his own tears fell. Jungkook breathed out finally.

"We were together in high school. He was so beautiful, so amazing, kind and just.. perfect. He was my friend. My... My hyung. The one who made me pursue a career in music..In kpop. I'm here for him." Jungkook sobbed.

"We... We met after he saved me from a dog that chased me around on the streets. He had this thing for dogs.."Jungkook smiled.
"He saved me but I.. I couldn't save him." Jungkook bit his lip as his nostalgic smile as it turned into tears.

"His name was Minjae.."
___________________________________

Years ago

"'Sup, Mr.Idol?" Minjae sat in front of Jungkook.
"Ugh, hyung. I have so many assignments. And I hate school, I've been attending since Monday!" Jungkook sulked and covered his face exhausted.
"It's only Tuesday today, Kook." Minjae laughed.
"What? Really? Fuck my life. " Jungkook pretended to cry.

Minjae laughed and messed his hair up.
"Cute. Now tell me, are you meeting me after school? " He smiled.
"Sure!" Jungkook beamed. He loved hanging out with him. He was like an elder brother to him.

The day was boring as usual and since Minjae was a year older, they were in different classes. But Jungkook had a friend named Jeonghan, they spent a lot of time together.

"Hey, Kook! Um, do you have plans for today? I'm so bored." Jeonghan rested his head on the desk. School had it's own pressures.
"I was going to meet Minjae hyung. You can join us. " Jungkook smiled.
He saw Jeonghan blushing the hardest since he ever had.
"Woah.. You're blushing!" Jungkook laughed.
"Shut up!" Jeonghan pushed him and touched his cheeks to feel how they were warming up.

"So.. you like Minjae hyung?" Jungkook whispered to him.
"I... We're dating actually." He said timidly.
"What? And you guys didn't even tell me!" Jungkook almost yelled.
"But don't tell anyone! Please! His family would kill him. They're very orthodox about love and marriage. My parents will just change my school but my brother will make his life a living hell." Jeonghan looked down sadly. Jungkook saw his hands shivering.

Was it really this hard to love someone of the same gender? His parents always told him that it didn't even matter, as long as the person gave you happiness and love.

"It's not the 1940s. I'm sure they'd understand. " Jungkook arched an eyebrow.
"In some cases it is the 1940s, Kook. I can't change the way my parents see things. And I'm honestly, just too afraid to intervene. The same is with Minjae. " Jeonghan bit his lip.
"Look. I wanted to tell you but.. it's just so difficult, you know?" He asked and Jungkook nodded.

Jungkook didn't know. He just didn't understand the concept of being afraid of coming out. There weren't people like that anymore, things had changed. But he didn't want to worry Jeonghan more, so he just agreed.

"But I'm just mad that you didn't tell me about him. " Jungkook pouted.
"I'm sorry. I love you.. No homo for you though. " Jeonghan whispered and Jungkook burst out laughing.