CHAPTER-4

Luring The Cold Hearted Billionaire

HERMES PULLED Vria's hair as he threw her outside his office, he harshly wiped his lips while his sharp eyes were on Vria's smirking bitch face. The woman shrugged her shoulder and fixed her hair as if nothing happened.

"You're really crazy, Hermes. I love it. You called me for this and now you're raging mad? Oh boy, lumalala kana." Vria laughed as she turned her back at him and walked away just like how she walks on runways.

Mariing napalunok si Hermes bago pabagsak na isinara ang pinto ng opisina niya at napasandal doon. His right hand unconsciously touched his lips while his green eyes stared at the closed door of bathroom where he knew too well where Jane is at the moment.

Tama si Vria. He called her for this, he called her to make him realize Jane is nothing, that he is just lusting over the woman so bad. But he felt like a thousand of sharp knives stabbed his stomach the moment Vria's hand touched him, he feels like throwing up when Vria kissed him, as he felt dread nervous with the thought of Jane seeing him in that situation earlier.

He knows he is fucked up at the moment he felt those kinds of emotions, like he is betraying Jane, he knows he'll get hurt one way or another once Jane finds out he is not who she thinks he is.

His fists bawled as his jaw clenched with his emerald eyes still focused on the closed bathroom door.

***

"WHAT took you so long to go out?" Hermes asked when Jane finally went out of the bathroom for almost forty-five minutes staying inside.

Jane smiled at him and softly shook her head before heading back to her office table.

Sinundan ng kulay berdeng mga mata niya ang dalaga. Tahimik itong umupo sa upuan nito bago nagsimulang magtrabaho.

Hindi alam ni Hermes pero pakiramdam niya may pumipiga sa puso niya nang makita ang lungkot at sakit sa maganda nitong mukha na pilit nitong tinatago.

He knew it, she saw what happened. She saw that Vria kissed him. He rolled his tongue inside his left cheek as he massaged the bridge of his nose, this is what he is scared about earlier, this is what made him feel dread. Why does he feel like explaining when he doesn't have to and how he could explain when he doesn't even know how to or what words he should say?

He dragged his eyes back at Jane. He needs to explain. To erase those sadness and pain on her beautiful face. He took a deep breath before blowing it out harshly.

"Jane," he called her name.

"Hmm?" She hummed without glancing at him.

"Ah. . . My ex-fling came by earlier," panimula niya habang ang mga mata ay nakatutok sa dalaga.

Tiningnan siya nito at binigyan siya ng maliit na ngiti, maliit na ngiting alam na alam niyang peke, "And it's supposed to do something with my work po ba, boss? What do you want me to do, po ba? Create a free schedule for you so, you two can go out?"

Nag-iwas ng tingin si Hermes para itago ang pagtatagis ng bagang niya. Hindi na niya dapat pa sinabi iyon sa babae dahil para namang walang pakialam ito kung may babae mang pumunta dito kanina para halikan siya, maybe he was wrong. Maybe she's sad because of something else and it has nothing to do with him. The pain and sadness in her eyes earlier, maybe it wasn't for him.

Mapakla at mahina siyang natawa. Bakit ba iniisip niyang iyon ang dahilan kung bakit malungkot at nasasaktan ang ekspresyon na nasa maganda nitong mukha? Malamang iba ang dahilan no'n at hindi 'yon dahil sa kaniya.

He picked up his pen and opened a document as he answered her question without looking at her.

"Yes, and I want it as soon as possible. Maybe for tonight" his cold and distant baritone voice said.