CHAPTER-9

Luring The Cold Hearted Billionaire

HERMES' body went cold as he can feel every hair on his body standing up as his heart thumps loud and fast. Dreadfulness were starting to consume him whole that he can feel his fisted hands trembling. He rolled his tongue between his lips and shut his eyes closed as he swallowed the hard lump that appeared on his throat.

Hermes took a deep breath and blows it softly trying to calm himself, pero sa ginawa n'ya mas lalo lang bumilis ang tibok ng puso n'ya kasabay non ang paglala ng kabang nararamdaman n'ya sa mga oras na iyon.

Makailang ulit s'yang napalunok bago n'ya nahanap ang lakas at boses para magsalita.

"You don't have to know when." Buo ang mahina n'yang baritonong boses na sabi, he opened his eyes when he managed to talk without stammering.

He clenched his fists and bites the insides of his left cheek; he can feel that Tyler is raging mad at him by the sound of his breathing, like he is chasing his breath.

"You made her believe that you're me! Are you out of your mind?! Why do you have to do that Hermes?!"

Hermes' face darkened so his emerald eyes that went to dark green with glint of raging anger. "She loves me. Not you because it's me. If she really loves you, she will never love other man that easily—"

"How sure are you that it was you that she's loving and not me? And if you're sure that it's you that she loves then why do you need to use my name? To what? To make her believe that I'm, you?"

Kinain silang pahero ng katahimikan ng hindi n'ya sagutin ang mga tanong nito. Tumingala si Hermes sa puting kisame ng salas ng condo n'ya at ilang beses muling napalunok.

Hindi n'ya alam ang isasagot dahil alam n'ya sa sarili n'ya na ang sagot na tanging mabibigay n'ya dito ay oo. At ayaw n'yang aminin na tama ito, na tama ito na hindi n'ya sigurado kung s'ya ba ang mahal ng babae o hindi s'ya, na tama ito na kaya n'ya ginagamit ang pangalan nito para mahalin s'ya ng babae. Para manatili si Jane sa kaniya.

He's pathetic. Alright, he admits that to himself but hell will freeze first before he'll admit that to somebody. Lalo na kung ang 'somebody' na iyon ay si Tyler na s'yang kinaiingitan n'ya dahil ito ang lalaking mahal na mahal ni Jane.

He bit his bottom lip hard, hard enough to make him taste his own blood from his bottom lip.

"Tell her the truth. Tell her that you're not Tyler. Give her back to me." Basag nito sa katahimikan na kinabasag din ng puso n'ya.

Mabilis s'yang napailing at napasabunot sa sariling buhok habang ang mga mata n'ya ay unti-unting lumabo sahil sa mga luhang pumupuno doon.

"No. I'm not going to hand her to you." Pagmamatigas n'ya.

Tyler blows out a loud breath frustratedly. "And why would you not?! She's mine at the first place—"

"She's my wife!" Hermes hissed, half whispered and half screamed, that cut off Tyler's words.

He gripped his hair frustratedly. "I'll tell her that my name is not Tyler. I'll tell her but you cannot just take her away from me because she's my wife, ok?!"

Tyler let out a strained laugh. "You're fooling her." Silence ate them again before he heard Tyler blows out a loud breath again.

"Tell her or else I would be the one who's gonna tell her and once she found the truth and stays by your side then I'll let her go. But once I found out that you're hurting her in anyway and she chose you over me, Hermes forget me being your friend. I'll take her away from you." Binaba nito ang tawag pagkatapos ng mahabang lintanya nito.

Walang lakas na bumagsak ang kamay ni Hermes na kinalaglag ng cellphone n'yang hawak-hawak at kinabasag non sa sahig. His lifeless eyes stared at his broken phone before it landed on the closed door of his room where Jane is sleeping at the moment.

Umuklo s'ya at inabot ang sira n'yang cellphone at itinapon iyon sa pinaka malapit na trash bin bago s'ya nanghihina na naglakad patungo sa kwarto nila ni Jane.

Nang makapasok s'ya sa loob ay agad na dumako ang mga mata n'ya kay Jane na mahimbing na natutulog bago dumako ang mga mata n'ya sa cellphone nito na nasa bedside table.

His feet walked from its own and the next thing he knew was, he is already holding Jane's phone on his right hand and typing the number of his FBI agent using Jane's phone.

In just two rings his FBI answers his call. "Senior Special Agent, Jonn Andrew Ruiz speaking —"

"It's Montegara, Hermes Xayn. I want you to block any contact of Tyler Ventura to Nerlay Jane Delos Santos-Montegara, from emails, social medias and phone number that he could use to contact my wife. I'll double your salary for a month, just do it as soon as possible." He said to the other line while his eyes focused on Jane who's sleeping beautifully.

Andrew whistled. "It will take me half of a day is it fine?"

Pinagkatitigan n'ya ang babaeng asawa na n'ya ngayon bago tumango na animo ay nasa harapan lang ang kausap. "Yes, but if you could finish it as soon as possible it will be much better."

Andrew chuckled. "Someone fucked up. Then I'll hang up now so I can start doing it. Bye."

Hindi na n'ya sinagot ito at pinatay na ang tawag, inilapag niya ang telepono ng babae sa kaninang pinaglalagyan non ng hindi inaalis ang tingin kay Jane.

For some reason his dreadfulness slowly fades away as his chest thumping in nervousness calmed just by staring at Jane's peaceful and beautiful sleeping face.

Hermes sighed before he climbed over the bed and went to lay beside her and enveloped her into a tight cuddle. Hugging her small waist and burying his face on her neck, Hermes fell asleep with his messed thoughts.

***

NAPABALIKWAS ng bangon si Jane ng makita ang maliwanag na sa labas ng salaming bintana agad s'yang napatingin sa orasan na nasa gilid ng kama na kinalaki ng mga mata n'ya.

She's late for almost two hours! Napabaling s'ya sa tabi at napahaba ang nguso ng makitang wala na si Tyler don at malamang nasa trabaho na ito, bumaba s'ya ng kama.

Kailangan n'ya ng mag-ayos para makapasok na s'ya. Hindi porke asawa n'ya ang may ari ng kumpanya ay hindi na s'ya papasok, natigilan si Jane sa naisip at 'di mapigilan ang pag-init ng mga pisngi n'ya.

With the thought of him being her husband were too much for her to bear! Her heart is thumping so fast as if it will explode in happiness and love for the man that her husband now. She bites her bottom lip and shook her head.

Akmang pagpapatuloy n'ya na ang paglalakad patungong kusina para maligo ng makita n'ya ang sticky note sa tabi ng cellphone n'ya. She walked towards it and picked up the piece of paper to read what's written on it.

Eat your breakfast, I've cooked– I mean, I've tried, but if you did not like the taste you can order online, I left my bank account number and pin over the center table. You don't need to go at the office anymore, I don't like my wife to work too much. Stay at home. Bye.

TC. -Hubby.

Her lips pouted even more. She doesn't like the thought of being caged inside this four-corner condo unit that screams luxury, she looked at the clock again. She smiled when she saw that it's almost lunch so she went to the kitchen so she can cook Tyler's lunch.

Jane was preparing Tyler's lunch when a loud knock filled her ears. She frowned and walked towards the door and without hesitation, she opened the door only to be welcomed by a tall handsome man who's chasing his breath with his clothes and hair messed.

Para itong dumaan muna sa maraming bantay bago makapasok dito kaya parang binagyo ang itsura nito.

Napakurap-kurap s'ya sa lalaki ng lumamlam ang mga mata nito ng makita s'ya.

Jane was just about to open her mouth to speak when the man pulled her into a tight hug before whispering a very familiar endearment.

"Nerlay Honey..." the man's sweet yet baritone voice whispered on her ears that made her heart skipped a beat.

_____

THENAUGHTYGRAY