CHAPTER-17

Luring The Cold Hearted Billionaire

JANE WOKE up with her head feeling heavy and numb. Mapakla ang ngiting sumulat sa mga labi niya ng maalala ang nangyari kung bakit s'ya nagising sa hindi pamilyar na puting kwartong ito. Hermes did hurt her again. Again, not just emotionally but physically too, just like how it used to.

Is this what she really wanted? To be a battered wife?

No-, this is not what she wanted, what she wants is to be loved by someone, genuinely, to be with someone that could make her feel worthy and loved, that she never felt since she was a kid. Not like this.

She laughed without a humor as her hazel brown eyes turned lifeless and bored as it stares at the white comforter wrapped around her numb body.

What is this? Every time he'll got mad; she will wake up hurt? She will wake up questioning herself after he hurt her?

The love in her heart is screaming at her to stay and forgive him, but her brain and body are telling her that they are already tired, tired of understanding and being both physically and emotionally hurt by the man.

She promised to stay by his side as long as she can still handle the pain, but if he is pushing her away like this then she'll run away.

Her body isn't made of steel, her heart isn't made of stone to be not broken— well a stone can be broken too, steel neither. A cold smile appeared on her lips while tears unconsciously rolled down her cheeks. She's mocking herself for being pathetic. Pathetically staying on this kind of one-sided love married relationship.

Is he worth it?

Is he worth the bruises and wounds I received? Or I'm just stupid and naive enough to stay even though it is very clear that I'm worthless for him?

Pagod s'yang ngumiti at pinilit ang sariling tumayo. Napatingin s'ya sa IV na nakakabit sa likod ng palad n'ya at naiiling na nilapitan ang IV stand n'ya na 'yon para tanggalin sa kamay n'ya ang karayom ng IV, nang matanggal n'ya ay agad n'yang pinilit ang mga nanghihina n'yang mga tuhod na maglakad palabas ng kwartong inuukupa n'ya para sana humigop ng sariwang hangin ng matigilan s'ya ng kung sino at anong eksena ang nadatnan n'ya sa hallway.

***

NAPAHINTO SI HERMES sa pagpugpog ng maliliit at matatamis na masusuyong halik sa noo at pisngi ni Jane ng tumunog ang cellphone n'ya. His eyes fell on the screen of his phone.

He took a glance at Jane as he took a deep breath and blows it out softly. Tumayo s'ya at lumabas ng kwartong inuukupa nito para sagutin ang hindi naka rehistrong numero na tumatawag sa kan'ya, but the moment he answered the call is the moment his face expression changed as his emerald eyes went dark and deadly.

"Hi there, honey, do you miss me?" Sabi ng malamyos na boses ni Vria. Vria, his gold digger ex-lover, Vria had been with him when he was in third year high school, he was just starting his own business back at that time, he is so attracted to her that he literally planned their future together, but just like a cliche story; he caught Vria cheating on him after he bought her everything she wants from jewelries, bags, stilettos and stuffs he never thought of buying for anyone. He was still left, left with his wounded ego and pride. Although, their connection was always on and off, there are times Vria will randomly show up in his life just to fuck his mood, and fuck him literally too, since they broke up, their relationship stayed as FuBu, on and off.

"Who misses a hoe and gold digger like you?" Galit na angil n'ya dito, he can feel the sleeping anger inside his chest slowly waking up and consuming him whole. Bakit? Alam niyang hindi nawala ng kinikimim niyang galit para sa babae, pero bakit? Bakit tila lumalagablab na namn ang galit na iyon na parang bagong sinding mga uling?

He gritted his teeth and was about to end the call when someone 'tsked' near at him.

Awtomatikong nagsalubong ang mga mmakakapal niyang kilay sa pagpalatak niyang narinig. Hermes turn to face whoever made that sound; only to be super annoyed when he found out who it was.

Vria is standing half meter away from him, grinning from ear to ear like she just won a lottery. Hindi n'ya namalayan ang paglapit nito dahil sa masyadong magulo ang utak n'ya sa mga oras na iyon at nadagdagan pa ng galit na nararamdaman n'ya para dito.

Nandidiring humakbang s'ya palayo dito pero bago pa man s'ya tuluyang makalayo ay nahablot na nito ang kwelyo ng damit n'ya at nailapat na nito ang mga labi nito sa labi n'ya. His eyes widened in shock but what made him feel such a fear emotion inside his chest is when the door of Jane's hospital room opened as the woman his heart beats for, walked out of it and her hazel brown eyes found his.

His heart that he thought was already turned into millions of broken pieces tugged with unbearable pain when her hazelnut eyes went cold as it stares into his, he pushed Vria away but before could he opened his mouth to talk Jane stepped back and walked away.

***

NO, HE ISN'T worth it. That is what is Jane's answer on her own question, Hermes is not worth the bruises and wounds she got, emosyonal man o pisikal.

The scene of him kissing another woman is wounding her heart even more, but she's not wishing for that pain stabbing her heart to stop anymore, instead she wants it to stay so it will finally wake her up unto the reality.

Reality that Hermes just enjoyed playing her, that all this time she's not worth anything to him; that she is nothing to him.

Hindi pa s'ya tuluyang nagigising. Hindi pa dahil nag-aalinlangan pa ang puso n'ya na tuluyang bumitaw at iwan ito, kaya gusto n'yang manatili ang sakit. Manatili iyon para tuluyan na s'yang magising.

She's torturing herself with the memory of him beating her and the memory of him kissing another woman, torturing herself to finally wake up.

***

ALAM NI Hermes na kita ang takot sa mga mata n'ya sa mga oras na 'yon, pero wala s'yang pakealam kahit pa makita siya ng maraming taon na ganoon ang lagay at kung paano siya magmakaawa sa mga nurse kung nakita ba nila si Jane. Hindi n'ya ito agad na sundan dahil kay Vria na talagang nananadya pang pinigilan s'ya.

If he did not raise his voice at her he wouldn't be able to walk away and look for Jane.

His whole body is feeling cold, his hands and knees were all trembling as his brain started to play with him, playing such an imaginary scene where something bad will happen to Jane or Jane already left him for good.

He can't think straight asking every people he will bump in if they saw his precious wife, but no one answered him yes, no one satisfied him with an answer 'yes'.

Hermes is starting to play his fingers when anxiety kicks inside him. He had roamed the whole hospital already but there's no traces of Jane everywhere.

Napasabunot s'ya sa sariling buhok sa takot ma nararamdaman bago tumingala sa langit para pigilan ang mga luha n'ya sa pagpatak, still, he wasn't able to stop his tears from falling.

Alam na niya na nagkamali siya, na grabe ang pagkakamali niyang nagawa. He knows that he is the one at fault, and that is what scaring him the most, because he knows Jane had all the rights to leave him when she wanted to.

Sunod-sunod na pumatak ang mga iyon at umagos mula sa mga mata n'ya, kinagat n'ya ang pang-ibabang labi at tahimik na humihikbi.

Hermes isn't a cry-baby, he solemnly cry and those cries happened only countable times; when he was a kid and what can only make him cry was too much physical pain.

Humigpit ang pagkakasabunot n'ya sa kan'yang buhok at pasalampak na naupo sa sahig ng kwartong inukupa kanina ni Jane.

"B-Baby where a-are you?" His trembling baritone voice asked to the air with his shoulder shaking and tears falling down his cheeks.

"N-NerlayJane..."

-----

THENAUGHTYGRAY