CHAPTER-18

Luring The Cold Hearted Billionaire

HABOL ni Hermes ang hininga habang nakauklo s'ya at nakapatong ang mga kamay n'ya sa mga tuhod n'ya. He ran his way from here, from the parking lot of this building thinking that Jane might be here; at his condo- their condo. That Jane might go home.

Napatitig s'ya sa nakasaradong pintuan ng condo unit n'ya. He reached for the doorknob praying that Jane is inside, his heart was pounding as he opened the door of his condo unit. His hands were trembling right at the moment; afraid that there will be no Jane that would welcome him once he entered their unit.

He closed eyes squeezing it shut, before blowing out a loud sharp deep breath. He doesn't know why, but the way his broken heart thumped so fast and loud is making him feel deadly nervous.

He can feel the thin small hairs on his nape standing while his whole body is shivering in coldness; feeling dread.

Hindi n'ya nagugustuhan ang kakaibang kaba na nararamdaman n'ya sa mga oras na iyon. Pakiramdam n'ya mas lalong hindi n'ya magugustuhan kung anong madadatnan n'ya sa loob ng condo n'ya.

The door creaks opened and his heart skipped a beat as his breathing raged.

Hermes slowly opened his eyes and was immediately welcomed by the darkness of his condo's living room. His feet automatically stepped towards the kitchen with his heart thumping so hard fast and loud he let out a shaky breath when he found no one in there, he composed himself to continue walking and look for Jane but every time he took a step forward to look for Jane and he can't find her anywhere is his broken heart being stabbed with unbearable pain.

Hermes stopped from walking to chase his breath. His chest is starting to feel tight and heavy that he's having hard time on breathing normally, it was like the air inside his chest was being rub off his chest like it is slowly vanishing as pain continuously stabs his broken heart.

Kinagat n'ya ang nanginginig na pang-ibabang labi bago nanghihinang sumandal sa nakasaradong pinto ng kwarto n'ya, ang nanginginig n'yang kamay ay nakahawak sa doorknob non. 'Yon na lang ang tanging lugar sa condo n'ya na hindi pa n'ya napapasok at ang tanging natitirang pag-asa n'ya na makita si Jane sa loob non.

His hand was shaking as he slowly opens the door, he swallowed the lump on his throat before blowing out a shaky breath again.

His lips were drying while it trembles as he was breathing using his mouth to help himself fill his lungs with air.

His shoulder fell as his hand dropped the moment, he opened the door and he was welcomed by his empty room.

Napatawa s'ya ng mapakla at muling nanghihinang napasandal sa kakasara n'ya pa lang na pinto ng kwarto n'ya saka s'ya walang lakas na napadausdos at pasalampak na napaupo sa sahig ng kwarto n'ya.

His lifeless eyes looked for Jane's purse bag hoping to find it inside his room but his eyes did not find it confirming something that he can't accept.

Accept that Jane did went here but not to stay but to get her things that she had left here and left, accept the truth that Jane got tired of understanding him already, that she gets tired of staying.

A tear dropped on his knee making him realize that he was already crying at the moment, ulit na tumawa ng mapakla si Hermes bago pinilit n'ya ang sarili na tumayo para sana pinagpatuloy ang paghahanap kay Jane ng may mahagip ang mga mata n'ya na tuluyang kinahina ng nga tuhod n'ya.

He forced himself to walk towards the office table inside of his room to make sure if he really saw it or his mind was just torturing him, but it wasn't, his mind isn't playing tricks with him or just torturing his broken heart more, it is true, he is not imagining it, it is true that she left her wedding and engagement ring here before she finally left his condo with her other things.