Chapter 1 - Prologue - EDITED

"Honey? Could you get your luggage please?" my mother kindly asked, making me snap out of my thoughts as I examined the house and its huge open field of fresh cut grass in the background.

I sighed and glanced at her "I will, go ahead I'll be inside in a sec" I informed her, picking up one suitcase so she can leave me out here to think.

"Need any help?" my brother asked while moving the luggage inside the two story house.

"Nah, I'll be good on my own, but could you do me a favor and make me coffee?" I asked, my eyes not leaving the soft brown exterior of the house.

"Uh, sure" he hesitated for a second, he wasn't one to do people favors but he knew I wasn't in the mood of creating an argument nor joke with anyone. I would only give you one reason to my fragile state, it's practically normal for anyone to want peace and quiet after a long drive out of a different state or two and not put up with anyone's bullshit. I think I'll need more time to get comfortable with you before telling you directly or indirectly what's really on the back of my mind stressing me.

"Thanks" I nodded towards him, truly grateful for having a brother who'd help me when no one can.

"Yeah, it's no biggy" he shrugged, leaving me out here in the humid weather of summer, I actually don't mind the humidity, as long as I was comfortable with . . . uh how should I put this? Let's just say getting comfortable with something, sometimes we say things when we don't feel so alive, I'm not sure the word 'unconscious' would fit but it's the closest word I could think of, so dont take me seriously when I say 'something'. For all you know it could be a someone, now I'm not saying it is but if you knew me that well, like better than knowing what was the last thing I ate the day before 2012, then that's quite the relief, otherwise I would have to repeat everything in detail. Don't take this the wrong way, however I'm almost certain everyone out there would wish someone at least understood you. Besides, I'm insisting on taking this gradually for the sake of not getting you confused, moreover making this a burden on myself.

I fell back on the black leather couch and rubbed my temples, thanking my brother for the rather shitty coffee. We both looked awfully tired, still not as tired physically and emotionally like me. My mother was the only cheery one, I guess we get the laziness from our beloved father.

"Quit staring at the neighbors" my brother frowned, I flipped him off which earned a scowl and a "behave" from mom, I apologized but didnt mean it, I normally would've but you already understand why I was being such a jerk. I think I might've gave away one thing, that was probably a bit rushed. I swear I just couldn't help it,

Not so sure I should it put this way but...

I was too desperate.

-----------

Comment, share & vote. Perhaps some positive feedback :)?

Last thing: Read my Harry fanfic and "vomment" (less tiring way of saying vote and comment😁)