Chapter 42

Did it ever shock you when your angry brother simply tells you that your parents left the country to visit a sick relative without a proper goodbye? If you did, then I don't know how you felt in this case, lets just say I didn't really sit down and think about it. I wasn't sober, plus all I needed was a nice hot shower and a smoothie.

And I want to sleep on cloud nine.

Mom and dad have left while I was gone to the party. Gabe told me in the car that he convinced them to leave without bidding farewell because they wanted the house to themselves as soon as possible. Mom and dad were still a bit shaken up about the incident while I was home alone so they wouldn't leave until they made sure I was fine. Of course because I have an amazing brother, he backed me up and said I went over to Barbra's house. When to be honest I have no idea who that is.

"Their departure isn't the case momentarily. The thing I want to know is why you decided to get drunk off your ass. Honestly, I don't even know if you are drunk! You behave like you're on-" he cut himself off to sniff the air like a frowning hound. "Why do I smell pot??"

"How do you know what pot smells like" I challenged in a mocking tone, leaning against the wall in case I might face plant. I've never face planted actually, everyone has reflexes so I'm pretty sure they blocked their faces before impact. Although, I'd want to see what happens if I didn't have reflexes. That'd be donkey kong awesome.

"What do you mean? It's obvious" he stated with a short laugh at the end. Wow my brother is tall, like 11'5. Like donkey kong tall.

Is he even tall? I saw him once in the universal studios when I was a baby and I was afraid of him.

No wait that was Hulk. Wait how can I even remember if I hardly remembered anything after my-

"Uh Sam?" He interrupted my train thoughts. Damn, now where was I?

"Are you even listening?" he asked in disbelief.

"Nope and don't care" I said, popping out the p.

He raised his eyebrows as I remained expressionless. My eyes diverted to blondie number two spreading peanut butter over blondie number three's disheveled hair.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Zachary whined.

"Trust me bro, don't doubt me" he flashed his stupid smile and gasped when he saw me.

"Sammy! Long time no see" he gave me a high five and motioned for me to sit down on the bar stool. "Look, watch this"

"But I wanna sleep" I pouted, attempting to rub the sleep out of my eyes.
My eyes widened in astonishment at Zach's peanut butter hair. Woah that's so creative.

"This is brilliant!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"Drunk my ass. You're high, you reek of smoke" he scrunched his nose up, shooing me with his hand.
"You look like caveman, your makeup is smeared and your hair is everywhere"

"You're only jealous" I flipped my ocean hair and was about to walk up to my room until someone stopped me by my shoulder.

Gabriel spun me around so that I fully faced him. "Tomorrow morning, we're having a talk in the kitchen"

Judging from the sternness in his voice, I knew he was serious, "Fine grumpy, just let me take my beauty sleep"

"No, the only thing you need is a makeover" Zachary snorted, licking off some peanut butter off his face. He looks like the kid Skippy from the picture on the jar.

"Yeah" agreed Austin, tilting the butter knife in his large hand. "You look so scary that you wouldn't need to wear a costume for Halloween" I begun to laugh so hard I had to clutch my belly. But if I had peanut butter smeared on my hair, I'd look scarier! Best costume ever I say.