Chapter 4

I learned more about Nate and Ian, that is, they're annoying, puny, a pair of assholes and perverts but honestly they had a great sense of humor. They didn't give a care in the world, so lively and playful, they had to show off how athletic they were with a few back flips and break dancing in the center of the empty gym. Every other student either went to do drugs behind the school or ditched to some place. I did have fun playing basketball and doing the somersault in the air, after all, our teacher's absence was partially an advantage.

So suddenly, guilt washed over me at the remembrance of what happened earlier, I was kind of enjoying my hour with jerks who hurt Jill. I'll have to talk to her at lunch about this.

"I could beat em up for you" I insisted for the third time since we sat at our usual table, eating our lunch.

"Samantha, I said I'm fine. Don't worry about it" she giggled, taking a bite of her nutella sandwich.

I'm more of the protective friend, although at times, I'm the one who suggested we take risks "I'll show those two..." I grunted angrily to myself. Now I was angry with them after having a fun time, they will probably turn into jerks later on anyway. Shit, they already hypnotized girls in the hallways and class. Later if not sooner, Natalie and her pest will step in.

"Show them what?"

"Oh hey Al, you decided to be late?" I playfully interrogated.

"Oh no, wasn't me. It was our teacher who apparently likes our class, I don't know if that's even possible. I got most of the druggies in there" he set his tray down beside mine and played with his salad.

"You never know, not all the druggies are nasty" Jill shrugged her shoulders, biting into her bread. I smiled and nodded in agreement, lucky to have a wise friend when I nor Alan can be.

Something later happened, like an earthquake or a tsunami... "Hiii!" Nathan and Ian cheerfully approached us, I raised an eyebrow at them then noticed the looks and whispers we earned from our fellow students. I dont like it when they do that, pisses me off big time.

"Hi.. What brings you here?" I suspected, taking a sip of my orange juice.

"We wanna hangout with our new friends!" Ian jumped in. They looked so innocent and happy, for seeing me? That never occurred before actually.

I laughed with the least humor dripping from my voice, being the oblivious two they were "Let me get this straight, you wanna hangout with us. I was expecting more like you willing to hang out with.. well, them" I pointed to the jockeys and cheerleaders, including the ultimate drama queen and little snitch beside her flipping her long silky black hair. I, for some reason, find her a skank more than her owner.

"Hey there boys" our heads turned to Natalie winking and waving her hand seductively at them. She wanted to get some, like always.

"Hi! You're the popular drama queen everyone gossips about, am I right?" Ian questioned with every speck of innocence. Either he was just humiliating her or clearly has been home schooled that he doesn't know what the term drama queen means.

Her face flushed with anger as some people in the lunchroom snorted as quietly as possible, but of course out of their table Denise was the only one not finding it funny. He has no idea who he's talking to...

"You're really something Ian Lee..." I mumbled to myself with a goofy smile on my face, I tried not to giggle by pressing my lips to Alan's shoulder.

"I think I like this guy" Jill whispered to me, her thumb pointing over her shoulder towards Ian.

"Told ya you were crushing on him" I stuck my tongue out, earning the middle finger from her.

"No actually, you said I was crushing on Nathan" she corrected me, however I shushed her playfully.

"You wanted to join our table?" she kindly asked, masking her angered expression with a fake sweet one.

"No I think we'll be just fine with them" Nathan assured her, at first she was angry because Natalie has never been rejected by anyone other than Alan but as soon as Nate flashed a wide grin, she blushed. Wow. Just wow.

Why is someone like him acting so blind towards someone who can see just as perfect as an eagle?

Something in me made me angry, I don't know what or why, maybe because of the attention or probably the fact that I dont want to cause a scene with Natalie later on, but I just had an urge to snap at them. "You're not welcome here"

"Did we bother you?"

"Actually, yes you did. Natalie is waiting for you" I pointed my index finger over to an angry troll turning into a smug bitch.

"Actually" Nate mocked. "We would be delighted to join your table" he glared at me and yanked Ian's arm to their table.

"What was that all about?" Alan blinked a few times as he tried to process what had happened a moment ago.

I really wanted to exit the lunchroom but my feet were grounded and I didnt want all eyes on me again, or maybe, just maybe I dont want to be cornered by that bitch for apparently stealing her new boyfriends. Apparently, sheclaimed people without their confrontation. Any person, she thought was hot, laid an eye on is automatically hers so you better run for the hills or look ugly and lame before it's too late. She's just like a grizzly bear hunting for fish or whatever they ate. Seriously though, give the human race a break.

I sighed "Nothing" they could've been our friends and I blew it by driving them away. I would apologize but then it'd be awkward because I knew they would either refuse to accept my apology, being the stubborn and challenging guys they are, or they'd throw snarky comments.

This was for your best. Their bad side will be uncovered sooner or later.

---------------------

Hiii! :D Thanks for the 55 reads!! :*

Photo: Denise Harrington

Please comment&vote