New Chapter 20

Thank you guys for the support. I'm very delighted, it helped me gather courage.

It's not long before the host announced the second game. Izumi is glad she won't have to involve herself in it. She's planning to ran off any minute now after all.

Though, she's still not certain if what she's about to do is the right thing. Technically, her conscience is telling her to 'go and fucking move your ass, Now!' , but her reluctance is still evident. No, not literally, but she can see it in herself.

Her more sensible side is clearly giving her reasons not to go and why she shouldn't. Izumi carefully weighted the options to think about it carefully.

Yes, she can just leave everything as it is and suffer the guilt or do something about it, for the greater cause..

But what if, the one she thinks as the greater cause is actually the total opposite of what she expects.

The butterfly effect can happen.

Let's just say, Izumi did successfully save the older Iida from going limp to the point where he can't be a hero anymore, but the cost is something much more heavier..

If she did save Tensei, then Tenya won't have any reasons to go after the villain whose name she can't recall.

I mean what for? His brother is safe, going after that villain would be totally pointless, and Iida is sensible enough to do the right thing.

That means going after Tensei is leaving Tenya's development aside, plus the special bond Izuku and Todoroki will share with Iida won't also happen.. All of that would be gone.... And it doesn't suit well with Izumi..

Fuck, choosing is really hard.

In the end.... Izumi chooses to live in the present.

-o0o-

Of course, she never did once thought that she's going to pass the second round, and the result really didn't disappoint her expectations.

Yes, she didn't make it.

Izumi's lazy ass isn't making her sulk about it though, because really, she's not disappointed, rather she's very relieved to escape. She can't focus either way, she's too preoccupied with all the thinking.

So when Ojiro stepped down from his throne for not remembering half, or maybe even full, of the second round. Izumi was freaking elected to step up.

Seriously?! She was seriously happy that she did not make it but the world says otherwise!

Izumi made a face and stared at the middle aged woman in front.

"uuhhmm.. Ms. Midnight..... I don't want to do this--uhh no uhh, I don't want to proceed?.."

Everyone went silent.

Who the heck would turn down an opportunity? Well, Izumi exists so.....

Her eyes met his brother's widened ones and she can't help but send a sheepish smile.

He sends her a look that made her stomach churn, not in a bad way. Izumi's stifling her giggles after all, afraid that she'll make the situation worse.