Chapter 30

Between the two of them, Izuku is surely the friendlier one. Well, Izumi can't pass off as an aloof, rather she barely took effort to get close to anyone. Either someone talks to her or not, she'll be okay with it. Izuku had, once or twice, got envious of her uncaring trait.

As someone who cares a lot, he was a bit worried about how she's acting. Okay, he is seriously worried. Izuku did not hear his sister talk through out the day. It was morning when the house was booming for a missing student. Dread was what Izuku felt when he heard that it was Izumi who's missing. The heroes left the house in search for Izumi, leaving Mandalay behind to watch the remaining students.

It wasn't long before she was found, and she received an earful for falling asleep outside without uttering a word to anyone. Not once Izumi reacted, she was just there. Sitting, staring at the person who's speaking. No one noticed her odd behavior, so her sleeping outside accidentally had become a running joke for the whole afternoon.

She smiled in rare moments, a smile that was completely different from what Izuku got accustomed to. He knows she's not fine, he just do. But instead of just staring, staying silent...her smile was a much better reaction.

The day passed, and another, with them just training their ass off, none slacked. Izuku had been dealing his own affairs that he didn't noticed what his sister was doing. Izuku did look at Izumi in a span of seconds, but didn't find anything too unusual outside her silence.

Night came when both classes of A and B were stuck in playing this test of courage, a tradition when going in a camp. Though, the students who failed to pass the last exam are bound to stay with Aizawa for a dreadful sessions.

"Hahaha, Jirou's scream is dominating the silence. Didn't expect that she's a scaredy cat." Izumi sniggered beside Izuku, not bothering subtlety. The others sweatdropped, still not used at Izumi's teasing behavior, she does rarely do that so it's quite understandable.

"We do have something to frighten us." Izuku nonchalantly stated, having no idea his words bring a heavy weight to a certain someone.

Though subconscious how his comment deals a weight to Izumi, Izuku did notice her froze, dropping the smile immediately as she did.

Izuku can't fathom where he did wrong, queasiness from his stomach is what he feel at the idea that he unconsciously upset Izumi in a way. He hates it. Making her upset.

It was the third group's turn to go inside the forest when Izumi's earpiece invention chimed, notification from her AI, Ella.

"Boss Master! I think this is a serious matter! Those unknown personality I mentioned the other night is within the grounds! Scanned the face ,via the secret cameras installed in the forest, who managed to walk past it, and found out it was a wanted villain! It is possible that the others who are with him are one too! What should we do?"

It was like a lightning struck Izumi. Her eyes widened in terror, fingers trembling as she look straight to Mandalay's eyes, who stiffened at the look Izumi gave. The hero took action, reaching out to Izumi, thought that she might just be scared at the game, but thought otherwise because the pure terror painted on Izumi's face is raw and genuine. An expression Mandalay never want to see to a child.

"Breath kid, breath slowly. Follow my lead. Inhale... Exhale... Right just like that, inhale--"

Izumi blocked out everyone. Not knowing the things happening outside her mind. Not knowing how Izuku hugged her, rubbing her back, helping Mandalay to guide Izumi. Not knowing how her classmates gazed at her in pure concern.

Inside, she is torn between informing the heroes about the infiltration, or ignoring it, not doing a thing and leaving it all, to stop herself from possibly changing to what's written in fate.

Despite knowing what's coming to her, them, just thinking about watching at the sidelines, her classmates, Izuku, being hurt or possibly them dying at the hands of the villains, did not make her feel great. The tremendous feeling of dread growing inside her. Thinking all of the possible outcomes and she's just there, watching.

Because her presence is something forbidden and unwanted. Something that can cause a greater damage, and possibly a reason why the villains are there at the first place.

Nemesia's warning.

All the outcomes the gatekeeper experienced, as the first astray herself.

Keep repeating in her mind.

How Nemesia lose her family because of her presence, how she committed suicide after that and woke up to another dimension, destroying it like the last. Like a cycle, her, a stain in the worlds she's sent. All the toll and deaths she witnessed before ending everything. Leave a huge scar to the childlike gatekeeper. Making Nemesia hallow and empty.

Just thinking that it can happen to everyone around her, brings devastation and pure hatred at the world and herself.

Thinking she was born to cause pain to others.

Just like her past life.

Her present.

And possibly her future.

Shoto, Izuku, Ochako, Tenya, Tsuyu, Momo, Katsuki, Eijiro, Denki, Kyouka, Mina, everyone in her class, her teachers, her mother, Everyone she loves, the thought of them slowly dying in front of her, was a way harsher punishment than Izumi dying herself in the past.

She's losing it.

The pain is digging deeper.

The flashback of demise her presence might be the possible reason why they died.

Anxiety.

Anxiety..

Anxiety...

Anxiety-----

She screamed unknowingly.

Izuku desperately clinging to her, tears falling down his eyes, as he watch his sister broke down. Heart tearing into pieces.

Rocking Izumi like a child that needs comfort. Whispering soft words to her saying to hang on, he's here for her.

She was weeping like a child. And this was what broke him.

Izuku never saw her cry.

Izuku got the idea that--

she's keeping all of this pain since forever.

They stood there, watching the scene quietly. Moods dropping. Groups continued to move in the forest with a heavy heart.

Izuku, who is still hugging his sister, looked at the stars, constellations forming prettily, opposite on what he's feeling.

Izumi calmed down then, looking down.

"I'm sorry... I need some time alone." she whispered so quietly it broke his heart for the second time, or maybe third, for the day, he doesn't know, Izuku lost count.

He stood there, watching her walk away, contemplating whether he made the right decision of leaving her alone rather following her.

But he understood his sister more that anyone. So he prevented anyone who wanted to follow.

He glanced away, convincing himself that he did the best thing for her.

It was when he saw smoke coming from the forest.

An immediate bad feeling is what Izuku felt.

-------

Rushed chapter. I'm sorry for this. :((